2020 CR-V Wishlist - Page 3
  1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home – General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

Thanks Thanks:  5
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2020 CR-V Wishlist

crv|oc Rank: Member
    Thanks (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Phl2dc View Post
    Hey... first time poster. Here’s my wishlist for the 2020 refresh.

Elite Trim
    -venelated seats
    -wireless charger
    -power fold mirrors
    -Heads up display

Other additional features for non-elite
    -panoramic sunroof
    -additional colors
    -LED fog lights

I think the RAV4 has all these, better reliability, and no oil delusion.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

crv|oc Rank: Senior
    Thanks (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Kane View Post
    I think the RAV4 has all these, better reliability, and no oil delusion.
    No way to know what the reliability of a totally redesigned vehicle will be. Also, are you having oil delusions?

4. Thanksrocky thanked for this post
    Thanks (Received)
    - 2.0L Turbo from the Accord
    - Firmer sportier suspension
    - 9" intuitive infocenter screen
    - Restyled wheels with more black accent
    - 6-spd manual. Ha ha, not gonna happen

6. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

Thanks (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by ATGMB View Post
    - 2.0L Turbo from the Accord
    - Firmer sportier suspension
    - 9" intuitive infocenter screen
    - Restyled wheels with more black accent
    - 6-spd manual. Ha ha, not gonna happen
    So true about the 6-spd manual.. not going to happen. Which is a shame, as I would enjoy one if they offered it.

I doubt they will add the 2.0L Turbo from the Accord. It would be popular with some drivers for sure, but what to you want to bet it simply is not designed at this point to go with AWD? The powertrain and drive systems are very interconnected these days. We are more likely to see a beefed up Hybrid power train I think.. since Honda is on a path to be mostly hybrid/elecrtric in their vehicle line ups by mid to late 2020s.

Thanks (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by williamsji View Post
    So true about the 6-spd manual.. not going to happen. Which is a shame, as I would enjoy one if they offered it.

I doubt they will add the 2.0L Turbo from the Accord. It would be popular with some drivers for sure, but what to you want to bet it simply is not designed at this point to go with AWD? The powertrain and drive systems are very interconnected these days. We are more likely to see a beefed up Hybrid power train I think.. since Honda is on a path to be mostly hybrid/elecrtric in their vehicle line ups by mid to late 2020s.
    I doubt the reason the CR-V doesn't offer the 2.0L Turbo is because it isn't designed to be used with AWD. It IS designed for use with AWD. The '19 Acura RDX has the 2.0L Turbo engine and is available with AWD. In fact, I suspect the reason Honda doesn't put the 2.0L in the CR-V is it would likely pull market share from the RDX. Considering the RDX sells in much lower numbers, Honda/(Acura) doesn't want to be competing against themselves.
    2019 Acura RDX Advance Pkg
    Previously owned Hondas:
    2018 CR-V Touring 2WD (Traded 1/22/19 for '19 RDX)
    2014 CR-V EX-L Navi
    2001 Civic EX 5 Spd

9. ThanksATGMB thanked for this post
    Thanks (Received)
    I agree Honda has to be careful about the risk of cannibalizing RDX sales should they put the 2.0 in the CR-V.

Though at this point the RDX 2.0 has 272 HP vs Accord's 2.0 something like 254 if I remember correctly. And the Acura certainly has a more premium feel. So there is some separation there to draw separate buyers. The issue as I see it is for Honda to make sure other manufacturers don't steal from the RDX. And if any stealing should happen, I'm sure Honda would rather the CR-V be the thief rather than others in the market, say the new Mazda turbo Signature or if Toyota is planning to boost their 2.4, or whatever competitor arises.

If I were to guess though, I'd say Honda will focus on hybrid engine technology for the next generation. And if the 2.0 were to be added, it won't be until later, if ever...

Thanks (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JB in AZ View Post
    I doubt the reason the CR-V doesn't offer the 2.0L Turbo is because it isn't designed to be used with AWD. It IS designed for use with AWD. The '19 Acura RDX has the 2.0L Turbo engine and is available with AWD. In fact, I suspect the reason Honda doesn't put the 2.0L in the CR-V is it would likely pull market share from the RDX. Considering the RDX sells in much lower numbers, Honda/(Acura) doesn't want to be competing against themselves.
    The 2.0 from Acura is a different engine and on a different chassis, so different AWD implementation. I know that sounds trivial on the surface, but it really isn't. The engines these days are very interconnected with all the other elements in the delivery of power to the wheels. Of course nothing stops them from taking systems from the RDX and moving them over.... but that would still require some engineering changes.

I do agree with you that Honda cannot afford to cannibalize sales from the Acura line. That said... it's a very small product line compared to the Honda line, so I do sometimes wonder why they keep it going. My guess is that they keep it going in order to use the Acura product line as their advance release of engineering features that will appear on the Honda line several years later. With better margins on Acura vehicles, they have more headroom to put new and still expensive systems in the vehicles.
    Last edited by williamsji; 04-12-2019 at 11:35 PM.

Thanks (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by ATGMB View Post
    If I were to guess though, I'd say Honda will focus on hybrid engine technology for the next generation. And if the 2.0 were to be added, it won't be until later, if ever...
    I agree, and if you look at Honda's long term roadmap.. they basically state that their emphasis on power trains in the early 2020s will be hybrids/electrics for the North America market. Since we should see gen 6 in 2021, I could see them making a big push in the hybrid approach at that time. The curiosity is will they offer one as a mid-life update to the gen 5 or just wait for gen 6.

Thanks (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by williamsji View Post
    The 2.0 from Acura is a different engine and on a different chassis, so different AWD implementation. I know that sounds trivial on the surface, but it really isn't. The engines these days are very interconnected with all the other elements in the delivery of power to the wheels. Of course nothing stops them from taking systems from the RDX and moving them over.... but that would still require some engineering changes.

I do agree with you that Honda cannot afford to cannibalize sales from the Acura line. That said... it's a very small product line compared to the Honda line, so I do sometimes wonder why they keep it going. My guess is that they keep it going in order to use the Acura product line as their advance release of engineering features that will appear on the Honda line several years later. With better margins on Acura vehicles, they have more headroom to put new and still expensive systems in the vehicles.
    Good discussion! While I can't state it as fact, but I have read they are the same engine, just that in the Accord, the 2.0L is tuned to use regular fuel and is advertised to have 252 HP while the RDX 2.0L is advertised to have 272 HP... using premium fuel... "recommended" not required. The RDX being a "premium" brand buyers wont be turned off by the premium recommendation, and it is competitive with other vehicles that buyers cross shop. How would the average Accord buyer respond if Honda recommended premium fuel in the Accord? Agree on them having different the chassis and AWD implementation.

There are other brands who advertise different horsepower figures for the same engine using different grades of fuel. Mazda, I think is one.

I can't wait for Honda to add the Hybrid CR-V to the US, and I will be a buyer. So that would be on my 2020 CR-V wish list, would be about the right time to replace our other vehicle.
    2019 Acura RDX Advance Pkg
    Previously owned Hondas:
    2018 CR-V Touring 2WD (Traded 1/22/19 for '19 RDX)
    2014 CR-V EX-L Navi
    2001 Civic EX 5 Spd

14. Thanksawmdlmcrv11 thanked for this post
    Thanks (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JB in AZ View Post
    Good discussion! While I can't state it as fact, but I have read they are the same engine, just that in the Accord, the 2.0L is tuned to use regular fuel and is advertised to have 252 HP while the RDX 2.0L is advertised to have 272 HP... using premium fuel... "recommended" not required. The RDX being a "premium" brand buyers wont be turned off by the premium recommendation, and it is competitive with other vehicles that buyers cross shop. How would the average Accord buyer respond if Honda recommended premium fuel in the Accord? Agree on them having different the chassis and AWD implementation.

There are other brands who advertise different horsepower figures for the same engine using different grades of fuel. Mazda, I think is one.

I can't wait for Honda to add the Hybrid CR-V to the US, and I will be a buyer. So that would be on my 2020 CR-V wish list, would be about the right time to replace our other vehicle.
    In earlier generations (up to gen 3 on the RDX I believe) the CRV and the RDX shared a common chassis, derived from the Civic line. But beginning with gen 3 RDX is on it's own unique platform. Also uses the Acura AWD system. Which means differences to some degree on engine, transmission, and AWD systems. I'm sure the 2.0L in the new Accords and in the RDX share some similarities (most Honda engines do, to be honest).... they still represent different powertrains (and different transmissions) which are not likely to be interchangable. The 2.0L in the Accord is a detuned version of the 2.0L from the Civic Type R. The Accord 2.0 is the K20C4 and the Civic Type R is the K20C1. http://www.motorreviewer.com/engine.php?engine_id=137

Note that both the K20 engines in the Civic and Accord are 2WD only implementations, whereas the RDX is an AWD platform. The RDX engine is probably another derivative of the K20 line, though I have not seen hard confirmation on this. So while engines will have genetic similarities common to all Honda engines... different flavors are made for different vehicles. The exact differences though are harder to ferret out.. other then the output numbers in horsepower and torque. The torque bands are different for the two K20 engines for example, so I'm sure this would be true for the engine in the RDX especially since it is mated to a 10speed automatic transmission.

Clearly.... if Honda can put a 2.0L in the Civic... they could adapt a variant for the CRV. But my guess is they will instead put effort into a nice hybrid engine. I wish Honda would stop waffling around on what they want their Hybrids to be and settle in on a long term plan.

16. ThanksJB in AZ thanked for this post
  17. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast