Anyone hear of a aftermarket head unit install on a 5th Gen?
  1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home – General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

Thanks Thanks:  5
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anyone hear of a aftermarket head unit install on a 5th Gen?

crv|oc Rank: Freshman
    Thanks (Received)

Anyone hear of a aftermarket head unit install on a 5th Gen?

Would love to change out my 2019's head unit for something from Phoenix automotive or a Chinese head unit.

Cant seem to find anything for the 5th Gen crv though. Even Crutchfield says it's not recommended and they don't show any available head units.

Anyone know anything about this? I feel like no ones done it yet?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

Thanks (Received)
    The needed parts likely don't exist yet. The head unit is integrated into several of the vehicles systems so you can't just swap it out.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Thanks (Received)

5. Thanksbillyrule thanked for this post
  6. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

crv|oc Rank: Senior
    Thanks (Received)
    This looks like it has a lot to offer.

There have been others posted here in the past. Perhaps a site search will bring up an old thread.

Just use caution, as I picked a couple of potential issues out of the description on a very quick read thru. I'm not sure if these are issues with the 5TH Gen CR-V. Just advising anyone seriously considering it to read and understand what you are getting and compatibility.

1.Steering wheel control
    Set steering wheel keys on this unit to match your car steering wheel buttons. It will make your driving safer.
    (If your car has canbus system, please just contact to us because it just support analog signal.)

2. Rear view camera
    Back image will display on the screen automatically when you back the car.
    (Only support RCA type back up camera input)

3. Didn't see any mention of SiriusXM or satellite radio (IIRC, the signal may only be available in NA???)
    2019 Acura RDX Advance Pkg
    Previously owned Hondas:
    2018 CR-V Touring 2WD (Traded 1/22/19 for '19 RDX)
    2014 CR-V EX-L Navi
    2001 Civic EX 5 Spd

Thanks (Received)
    It offers hope but unfortunately it does not seem to connect to the Bus lines to get and set the cars systems. I would imagine that some Chinese company will eventually just copy the whole system and sell a more powerful HU on eBay. Unfortunately that stereo will not be coming from a quality company like Pioneer so it's probably not going to be very stable or durable.

Rob
    2018 White Diamond Pearl 1.5T AWD Black Leather, Panoramic Sun Roof, All LED Lighting and Made in Thailand.

Thanks (Received)
    When the first thing on their site is an "unboxing" review, yeap Chinese garbage.

Then a bunch of piss poor translations and lack of ability to spell...

TOTAL GARBAGE. And way over priced to go along with it.

Just scamming people because there is no other offerings right now.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

10. Thanksrobbyg thanked for this post
    crv|oc Rank: Sophomore Kai Winters's Avatar
    Thanks (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Breaultk View Post
    Would love to change out my 2019's head unit for something from Phoenix automotive or a Chinese head unit.

Cant seem to find anything for the 5th Gen crv though. Even Crutchfield says it's not recommended and they don't show any available head units.

Anyone know anything about this? I feel like no ones done it yet?
    Why??? I'm curious to know...
    2017 CR V EX AWD Modern Steel Metallic
    JL Audio C5-650 speakers/front door, JL Audio XD400/4v2 amp, JL Audio 10W1v3 sub/ported enclosure, Compustar G9 remote starter.
    2012 Honda CR V LX Urban Titanium Mettalic
    Alpine iLX-007 head unit, JL Audio C2-650 speakers, Compustar G9 remote starter.

crv|oc Rank: Freshman
    Thanks (Received)
    Just would like more of a bezeless display, and better functionality when it comes to using a obd2 reader to display on your screen and watching movies and stuff.

Lots of work arounds for it with the stock head unit but nothing that works as good as a aftermarket android head unit.

Also having a better amp and dsp going to my aftermarket setup would be nice

crv|oc Rank: Junior
    Thanks (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Breaultk View Post
    Just would like more of a bezeless display, and better functionality when it comes to using a obd2 reader to display on your screen and watching movies and stuff.

Lots of work arounds for it with the stock head unit but nothing that works as good as a aftermarket android head unit.

Also having a better amp and dsp going to my aftermarket setup would be nice
    For the better amp and dsp there are several aftermarket solutions that will take the stock head unit's output and process it and feed it to an aftermarket amp setup to create most any level of higher end output you'd want. For example, look at Audiocontrol units such as the LC71i, or their amps with those functions built in.
    Larry

Now that I've learned my lesson, I'm supremely confident that next time I'll make a different mistake.

2007 CR-V EX-L AWD Green Tea Metallic
    1991 Ford F250 Lariat Supercab LWB 4X4, 460 AT

crv|oc Rank: Member
    Thanks (Received)
    If there is one to be had, I consider it a gutsy thing to do with these modern cars, with the Head Unit being so integral to accessing a lot of your vehicles feature programming.

Not saying it would be impossible or undoable.. just gutsy And you certainly cannot go and cry on the dealerships shoulders if you have any issues (primary or secondary) with your cars electronic subsystems.

15. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast