Problem saving more than four routes with the Garmin Navi
  1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home – General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

Thanks Thanks:  3

Thread: Problem saving more than four routes with the Garmin Navi

crv|oc Rank: Member
    Thanks (Received)

Question Problem saving more than four routes with the Garmin Navi

Is anyone else having issues saving multiple routes with the built-in navigation?

I was able to save four recent routes and they all showed up in the saved screen and all was good. But after the fourth I'm unable to save anymore. I grab an address from the recent list, hit the info button then the menu button at the upper left, select save, enter the name and choose done and all indications are that it was saved - essentially what I've done with the previous saves - but the new address never shows up in the saved screen, only the first four saved locations.

The saved screen was apparently designed with scrolling in mind so not sure why only four show up. Furthermore, if I go ahead and delete one of the previously saved locations - bringing the total to three - not only does the 'hidden' saved location not show up but now i'm unable to save any other locations hence stuck at three; I'm reluctant to delete any more to see how far this goes.

So my ask to folks is - can you please confirm if you are or not able to save more than four locations and if so could you please post back the manufacture date/region of your car and go to Navigation > Settings > Device > About and post the software and honda version numbers.

Mine are NA feb 2018 touring, software 2.03 Honda 2.00

The head unit has been rebooted several times, car battery has been disconnected a number of times as well, I have not installed HondaHack.

thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

Thanks (Received)

Smile

Looks like I was able to fix this problem that's been annoying me for months - wanted to post back in case anyone else ends up here.

Summary: Since a few months ago the Navigation app stopped letting me save new routes/addresses; I was stuck at 4 saved routes. It would let me go through the steps but I never got the save confirmation screen and items would not appear in saved. Furthermore as I deleted old saved items I wasn't able to add them back in.

The Fix: It appears our head unit or at least the version of the app in our car has a hard limit on the number of routes it can keep track of - the number of recent and saved routes both seem to count against this limit. It's unclear if the limit is tied to the number of routes or if we're hitting some memory limit used to store the actual addresses. Once you've accumulated enough recent routes, you're no longer able to save any routes.

To fix this, search for a new route and go to your recent routes screen on the navigation and hit the menu icon on the upper left corner to delete all recent routes. Following this you will be able to once again save routes in the navigation; you do not need to reboot the head unit after clearing the recent routes. Be sure to screenshot any recent routes you want to remember. I did not document the number of recent routes in our unit prior to clearing it as I didn't anticipate clearing it would fix the problem.

No doubt this issues will come back again depending on how often new routes are searched and navigated to but at least there's a way to address it.

4. ThanksJB in AZ, Rhc3po, robbyg thanked for this post
    Thanks (Received)
    I do not believe that you are actually saving routes. You, if I may be bold are simply saving destinations in the "saved" area. As I see it, all destinations are in the "recent" area. I have at least two dozens real routes in the "apps"- "trip planner" "add route". Follow the prompts and start wherever you like, home usually. You can put in enroute waypoints and eventually to destination. I have some routes that are in excess of 600 miles. Eg- Indio CA to Vancouver WA. It is unfortunate that you can't delete individual points from the "recent" section. However, as you found, you can move points to "saved" area and go from there. I am not trying to be a smart a--, just trying to help. I have used GPS for many years in aviation and autos, this is very similar. I have found that the GPS in the CRV to about 75% Garmin, and 25% cr--. To bad Honda didn't just buy the Garmin off the shelf and be done with it.

6. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements