Tpms - Page 2
  1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home – General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

Thanks Thanks:  6
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tpms

crv|oc Rank: Junior
    Thanks (Received)
    I believe in the US it's 30/33 psi and just a good gauge!

Please do not forget to recalibrate.

Best to you!
    2018 CR-V Touring
    2007 Ridgeline

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

crv|oc Rank: Sophomore
    Thanks (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Heather18 View Post
    Didn't read everything but I always calculate pressure when cold. 33psi cold front 30psi rear as is recommended on the door. Recently had tires rotated and the dealer said they were they were under inflated and inflated them to 35 psi all around. When I told the teenage tech they were over inflated, he looked at the door and said "My gosh, You're right." TPMS only tells me I have a problem with low pressure. Dealers always inflate. I don't know why.
    Unless your dealer took all the air out of the tires and pumped new air in, they should overinflate the tires a little bit to compensate for the warm/hot air alredy inside the tires. Common sense.

crv|oc Rank: Freshman
    Thanks (Received)
    Does anyone know why Honda dealers, seems to be all dealers around the U.S., inflate the tire pressure to over 40psi when the manual clearly indicates 33/30 as well as the door's sticker?
    It gotta be a reason for that.

5. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

crv|oc Rank: Senior
    Thanks (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by CFP8 View Post
    Does anyone know why Honda dealers, seems to be all dealers around the U.S., inflate the tire pressure to over 40psi when the manual clearly indicates 33/30 as well as the door's sticker?
    It gotta be a reason for that.
    I think they come from the factory that way, to try to void flat spotting while in transit. The dealer is supposed to lower the pressures to the recommended level during their pre-delivery inspection (PDI) but it seems many dealers do not...and this is not unique to Hondas either.

Related, but off topic, when ever I take my vehicles into the dealer for service, (any brand!) they ALWAYS turn off the auto headlight setting, then leave it that way. I usually find out the first time i drive at night, and realize I don't have my headlights on. This is potentially a safety issue. The porter, or whoever brings the car up when you pick it up, should assure it is back in 'Auto" position before delivering the car back to the owner. I've now kinda trained myself to look at this whenever I get back my car before driving away. Rant off..
    Last edited by JB in AZ; 04-15-2019 at 10:54 AM.
    2019 Acura RDX Advance Pkg
    Previously owned Hondas:
    2018 CR-V Touring 2WD (Traded 1/22/19 for '19 RDX)
    2014 CR-V EX-L Navi
    2001 Civic EX 5 Spd

7. Thankscocofalco thanked for this post
    Thanks (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JB in AZ View Post
    Related, but off topic, when ever I take my vehicles into the dealer for service, (any brand!) they ALWAYS turn off the auto headlight setting, then leave it that way. I usually find out the first time i drive at night, and realize I don't have my headlights on. This is potentially a safety issue. The porter, or whoever brings the car up when you pick it up, should assure it is back in 'Auto" position before delivering the car back to the owner. I've now kinda trained myself to look at this whenever I get back my car before driving away. Rant off..
    YUP - happened to me too. Luv being spoiled w/the Auto lights.
    2018 CR-V EX-L Modern Steel Metallic (minus leather seats)-built in IN
    formerly owned 2001 Accord EX-L Coupe Silver [238,000+ miles]-built in OH, 1994 Civic Hatchback Harvard Blue [160,000+ miles]-built in Canada

crv|oc Rank: Member
    Thanks (Received)
    Never use Auto lights. Many times they don't come on when needed during daytime rain. Wipers on? Headlights on. The law in some southern states I think because of common summer T-Storms.

crv|oc Rank: Freshman
    Thanks (Received)
    As you already know your CR-V does not have direct reading sensors in the wheels, so it cannot tell the actual air pressure. 25, 32 or 48 psi => the computer has no idea what's really in there. But what it does know is that the vehicle is not 'acting' like it should, so something is wrong.

The original 'first generation' indirect system only used wheel speed sensors to see which wheel might be spinning faster than the others. But if they are ALL over or underinflated, they will all rotate at the same rate and the system will be fooled into thinking all is good (even if it isn't...).

The 'second generation' indirect system uses key elements of the Stability Control system plus a lot of processing power to monitor how the vehicle reacts to turns, road pitch, acceleration, braking, wobble & shimmy, yaw & steering angle, etc. If the vehicle tracks as it should (as determined by Honda pre-programmed parameters supplemented by a successful Calibration procedure), then it assumes the tires are properly filled.

You can of course mess with that by doing the Calibration procedure under the wrong conditions, but lets assume that you adjusted air pressure correctly, are running 4 similar tires, etc.
    2013 LX AWD (kids college car) Other vehicles past & present: 2014 & 2002 Subaru Outback, 2015 & 2008 Toyota Sienna, 2002 Honda Odyssey EX

Thanks (Received)
    Never use Auto lights. Many times they don't come on when needed during daytime rain. Wipers on? Headlights on. The law in some southern states I think because of common summer T-Storms.
    There is a setting which automatically turns on lights when wipers are on

crv|oc Rank: Member
    Thanks (Received)
    Haven't found that one. In Canada only? Your daytime running light law certainly has been around for many years.

Thanks (Received)
    Haven't found that one. In Canada only? Your daytime running light law certainly has been around for many years.
    could be canadian feature

but when headlights are in auto and if auto wipers are triggered due to rain, snow etc- full headlights comes on

It is under vehicle settings
    vehicle- lighting setup - auto headlight on with wiper on- On/Off

14. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast