Tpms - Page 3
  1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home – General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

Thanks Thanks:  7
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tpms

crv|oc Rank: Senior
    Thanks (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Heather18 View Post
    Never use Auto lights. Many times they don't come on when needed during daytime rain. Wipers on? Headlights on. The law in some southern states I think because of common summer T-Storms.
    You know, the 5th Gen CR-V has a setting where you can adjust the on and off sensitivity for the auto headlights.

Additionally, it will automatically turn on the headlights whenever the windshield wipers are on, regardless what State you are driving in!

OOPs! Guess I should have read the last few posts before replying. I was beat to the punch this time!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

crv|oc Rank: Freshman
    Thanks (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JB in AZ View Post
    I think they come from the factory that way, to try to void flat spotting while in transit. The dealer is supposed to lower the pressures to the recommended level during their pre-delivery inspection (PDI) but it seems many dealers do not...and this is not unique to Hondas either.

Related, but off topic, when ever I take my vehicles into the dealer for service, (any brand!) they ALWAYS turn off the auto headlight setting, then leave it that way. I usually find out the first time i drive at night, and realize I don't have my headlights on. This is potentially a safety issue. The porter, or whoever brings the car up when you pick it up, should assure it is back in 'Auto" position before delivering the car back to the owner. I've now kinda trained myself to look at this whenever I get back my car before driving away. Rant off..
    I get used to what I call a "mistreat" from dealer.
    Auto headlight OFF is really not a big deal to me.
    Last time when I dropped my V for service, they changed oil and did NOT reset the oil level indicator. I had to to do it myself.

crv|oc Rank: Member
    Thanks (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by CFP8 View Post
    I get used to what I call a "mistreat" from dealer.
    Auto headlight OFF is really not a big deal to me.
    Last time when I dropped my V for service, they changed oil and did NOT reset the oil level indicator. I had to to do it myself.
    Same thing happened to me. Before leaving their garage, I checked oil life. Not reset. They seemed surprised but I bet it happens to others. As far as lights, I know when to twist the stalk.

5. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

Thanks (Received)
    I have the same problem with my lights being left "off", but it's when my wife drives the car, not the dealer. I've just learned to look for it, after she's had the CRV.

Thanks (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by mapotter View Post
    I just purchased a 2019 CR-V Touring.(traded in a 2013). I am traveling and the Low Tire Pressure sensor came on. We stopped and checked the pressure. It was 43 all around. (Apparently the tires were over-inflated at the dealership or before.) I called the service center and was told the the warning light would come on if the pressure was 3 lbs either way. So, when we stopped at a rest area, the pressure was then 48. We removed air so that it was within 3 lbs of the required psi, knowing that the tires were hot after 3 hours of highway driving. But, the warning light did not go out. Seems to me the pressure would vary more than 3 pounds when driving. So I don't know if I accept what the service advisor said. In addition, if the car is supposedly smart enough to say the pressure is low, why not say it is over-inflated when the pressure is too high???? Has anyone experienced this?
    Try the pressure in the spare tire. That seems to be the culprit for me. I believe it requires 5psi, and I set it to 60. Clears the warning.

Thanks (Received)
    It is 33 in the front tires and 30 in the rear. The dealer has twice filled them to 32 all around.

Thanks (Received)
    I miss my Gen 1 Ridgeline which had an ideogram that showed which tire was out of spec.

Thanks (Received)
    I drove from Arizona to Nevada, and my Tire Pressure Warning System went off, and my vehicle was like 2 months old. I had Honda dealerships in the town that I was in when I could get service, and I went to a Good Year dealership - they lost one of my nice matching caps, and they said that my tire pressure all the way around was not matching but it was not an issue. It was several weeks before I could have it looked at, and there was nothing wrong with my tires!!! Then I drove from Nevada to Arizona to Texas, and the entire thing went off AGAIN ... I'm frankly SICK of having to put a new car in the shop for some sensor system that is not working correctly, and in the meantime my security system that the dealer added had to be removed in Arizona because it kept cutting my engine off (that's not good), and the link between the usb and the display (non-touring) so that I could see the navigation??? THAT WENT OUT ... I HAD AN ACURA AND I NEVER HAD THESE ISSUES ... I'm so sorry Honda but I could not afford the Acura this time, and I thought the manufacturing was the same ... so now my CRV AWD is headed to the shop for SEVERAL DAYS ... so you are not alone. Sorry to tell you. It's the beginning of a nightmare apparently.

Thanks (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Card1 View Post
    It is 33 in the front tires and 30 in the rear. The dealer has twice filled them to 32 all around.
    I had the same problem low pressure light, all four good. Couldn't get it to go off, then I checked the spare and fixed.

Thanks (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by mapotter View Post
    I just purchased a 2019 CR-V Touring.(traded in a 2013). I am traveling and the Low Tire Pressure sensor came on. We stopped and checked the pressure. It was 43 all around. (Apparently the tires were over-inflated at the dealership or before.) I called the service center and was told the the warning light would come on if the pressure was 3 lbs either way. So, when we stopped at a rest area, the pressure was then 48. We removed air so that it was within 3 lbs of the required psi, knowing that the tires were hot after 3 hours of highway driving. But, the warning light did not go out. Seems to me the pressure would vary more than 3 pounds when driving. So I don't know if I accept what the service advisor said. In addition, if the car is supposedly smart enough to say the pressure is low, why not say it is over-inflated when the pressure is too high???? Has anyone experienced this?
    My 2019 crv touring did the same thing. TPMS went on 3 days after driving it off the dealer lot. I checked pressure in all tires it was a little high. I ran the TPMS recalibration and it came back a second time. Re did the calibration and it’s now been fine for 2 months

13. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast