overall gas mileage decreasing
  1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home – General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

Thanks Thanks:  4
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: overall gas mileage decreasing

crv|oc Rank: Member
    Thanks (Received)

overall gas mileage decreasing

I've noticed that the gas mileage on the 2018 crv ex is decreasing. It's averaging now 24mpg - way under the average mpg noted on the sticker. Any solutions?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

Thanks (Received)
    have you ever reset the "A" mileage when filling w/Fuel? if you don't it keeps on going and going and I believe you won't get a fair reading from your recent drive.

4. Thanksbillyrule, robbyg thanked for this post
    crv|oc Rank: Senior fishycomics's Avatar
    Thanks (Received)
    I remember reading the sticker and the Mileage is based on 100 miles and however way they test it?

No way does it say we put in Winter gas and ran 100 mi. came out with...
    No way did it say we put in Gas with additives and ran it 100 mi , came out with...

So there is no way of knowing what each person gets, due to Weight in car, Tempeture of the days driven, Inclime, decline, etc..

If you gotten good mileage one day and starts decreasing, could you start telling us how your History of driving was..

Because I see people just push the Pedal to baby the cars. with no means to save on gas....

6. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

crv|oc Rank: Sophomore
    Thanks (Received)
    short drives and idles will affect the mpg's....
    I would set the Trip A setting to reset at each gas refill, and Trip B for manual (for your road trips)

if you look at your trip history after a reset, you will notice that if you did one short trip and one long trip the two averages and mpg will be between the two readings.... the short trip will have a much lower number thus messes up the mpg numbers.

crv|oc Rank: Sophomore
    Thanks (Received)
    I remember the time when we first bought our CRV last year in May. Was getting 33 mpg. Then over the winter, it went down to 28 mpg. Same driving pattern. We'll see if it gets back to 33 mpg this summer.

Thanks (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by jtuber View Post
    I remember the time when we first bought our CRV last year in May. Was getting 33 mpg. Then over the winter, it went down to 28 mpg. Same driving pattern. We'll see if it gets back to 33 mpg this summer.
    I'm in a very similar situation. I'm hoping it starts to creep back up, now that we're exiting winter.

crv|oc Rank: Freshman
    Thanks (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigHaole View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jtuber View Post
    I'm in a very similar situation. I'm hoping it starts to creep back up, now that we're exiting winter.
    Where I live during the winter they use a different blend of fuel that causes a reduction in fuel economy. Their are also other factors. https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/coldweather.shtml
    Last edited by r crv; 04-22-2019 at 06:30 PM.

Thanks (Received)
    Lets remember to check the tires make sure they are properlly inflated and I did not read here about Nitrogen put in them Lol

Thanks (Received)
    A couple thoughts of a general nature. Well, three thoughts.

1) Those numbers on new car window stickers are close to fiction. Not necessarily false, but kind like the photos on a T.V. Dinner. How close the numbers (or the photo) come to your ‘reality’ is relative and subject to interpretation. For me, those numbers are for comparing one car’s fuel economy to another car’s. Therefore, I expect a Toyota Prius to get better mpg than a Chevy Suburban - but I won’t be surprised if neither actually achieves the sticker numbers. Lower your expectations and you’ll be happier.

2) Actual mpg on any vehicle will be affected by many different things. Yeah, stop & go driving will suck the fuel a lot faster than steady highway speeds; four butts will use more than only one; a heavy foot - passing, acceleration, etc., is tougher than easing it out. Cold air is denser, as is sea level. Hot air & 5000’ elevation will bring a grin at the pump. Remember to compare similar trends & conditions.

3) if all else fails, stop thinking about numbers and just remember that “it is what it is”.

Enjoy the drive!

Thanks (Received)
    Yea the day went South fully loaded 3 people in and less fill ups 40 mpg and my car was against a rhino to his biopoop spot Lol

each fill up differs to many reasons I won't list one Lol

AkA Roadster because that was my handle back then.

14. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast