2017 Honda CRV Touring Making "whiny" noise
  1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home – General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Honda CRV Touring Making "whiny" noise

crv|oc Rank: Member
    Thanks (Received)

2017 Honda CRV Touring Making "whiny" noise

Hello!

I bought 2017 Honda CRV Touring December 20th, 2016. After a couple of weeks, I noticed a "whiny" noise. Not sure if this was there before but I believe I would notice that as I am very sensitive to "weird" cars' noises. I brought my car to dealership a few times but they only told me they tested other new CRV and that noise is "normal." I did not have an opportunity to go back to dealership and try another CRV on my own but I have to tell you, the noise is very loud and annoying! It is annoying to the point that when you get out of your car, you still have it in your head. Perhaps it is normal noise and that's why I need your help, fellow 2017 Honda owners, do you hear the same noise?? Actually, I made the video of the noise and uploaded it. Please let me know! (Because this is my first post, I cannot add the link).

BTW, this is not the only problem I have had with this car for last 5 months...
    The plastic above the back left tire was loose so it had to be replaced. Also, the passenger door was making weird noises when opening and closing just to realize that it was scraping the paint (metal on metal). This is going to be fixed but it will require for me to leave my car for a few days with the dealership so they can fix the paint and door.

Thank you!

Maria

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

Thanks (Received)
    My 2nd Post.

Thanks (Received)
    My 3rd post

5. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

Thanks (Received)
    My 4th post

Thanks (Received)
    My 5th Post

Thanks (Received)
    This is the link to my initial post as I had to have at least 5 posts posted before I could post the link:

https://youtu.be/FE_-dhXHsSI

Thanks (Received)
    Since the noise is constant through all rpm's, try turning off your heater/ac fan, that's what it sounded like to me. If that's not the case, then open up the hood and listen, could be a bad tensioner or other related part along the belt......

Good luck

Thanks (Received)
    Dear "Jesbecause",

I forgot to mention in my previous post that I can hear the noise only when going slowly. I do not hear it when I go fast (perhaps road noise?). I can hear the noise also when the heater/ac fan is off (i initially thought the same thing). When I open the hood, the only thing you hear is noisy motor. Perhaps it is worth to mention that the noise is louder on driver side.

Thanks (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Memphis2017 View Post
    Dear "Jesbecause",

I forgot to mention in my previous post that I can hear the noise only when going slowly. I do not hear it when I go fast (perhaps road noise?). I can hear the noise also when the heater/ac fan is off (i initially thought the same thing). When I open the hood, the only thing you hear is noisy motor. Perhaps it is worth to mention that the noise is louder on driver side.
    When driving slow with the music off, I can hear the turbo spin down at times on my 2017 EX. Maybe that's what you are gearing?

Thanks (Received)
    Dear "Sydney_NYC", did you have a chance to listen to my video? Does your car make the same noise? BTW, this noise is not constant. There are days when I can hear it and days I cannot...
    https://youtu.be/FE_-dhXHsSI

13. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast