2008 CRV - VSA, Check Engine Light, & Triangle Warning Light on at same time...why?
  1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home – General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: 2008 CRV - VSA, Check Engine Light, & Triangle Warning Light on at same time...why?

crv|oc Rank: Member
    Thanks (Received)

2008 CRV - VSA, Check Engine Light, & Triangle Warning Light on at same time...why?

Hello...

First post so please excuse any errors with protocol...

This problem just started and I'm trying to figure out what it is/what it could cost to fix before spending $110 at Honda for them to "look" at it. I'm going to take it to Auto Zone at lunch but that's only if the lights are on. To drive, I have to turn off the engine to restart the system to clear the light so I can actually drive. This am, I had to do that 4 times.

These three warning lights came on at the same time the other day. VSA, Check Engine, and the triangle with the "!" in it. No idea why...no consistent reason as to why. I've seen some posts that are similar but I have no idea what it could be or how much it could cost. Suggestions?

It's a 2008 EX-L 4WD.

Thanks in advance for your help.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

Thanks (Received)
    had same problem today.

Did you solve yours?

Thanks (Received)
    Has your three lights been fixed? I have this as well... and still working on fixing it.

Replaced spark plugs, fuel injector seals and ignition coil (coil pack?) and the valves adjusted. All did not change the rough start-up when the engine is cold. I don't know how many more options are possible, but I've seen faulty abs speed sensor, defective abs/vsa module, throttle body and/or software updates as other items that may need to be fixed. The car is going back to the dealer for another round...

Anyone else have this issue with their 2008 Honda CR-V?

UPDATE (11/16/12) – The powertrain control module was replaced and covered under the powertrain warranty.
    Last edited by 1234help; 11-18-2012 at 08:13 AM.

5. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements