2000 CRV. No interior lights, No rear Wiper
  1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home – General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: 2000 CRV. No interior lights, No rear Wiper

crv|oc Rank: Member
    Thanks (Received)

2000 CRV. No interior lights, No rear Wiper

Hello, I think I posted in the wrong subject so moving it here....
    I have a 2000 CR-V. My interior lights just stopped working. There is NO power going to the map lights or the dome light. Also noticed the rear wiper stopped working but the rear wiper washer still works.
    All fuses are good.
    I think this is probably a fault in the Integrated Control Module/Fuse Box.
    Before I purchase one and go through the work... looking for any feedback... Maybe it is something else?
    Thanks for any help!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

Thanks (Received)
    Ok, will the rear wiper work when you hold the switch to the WASH position, or not at all? Will the dome light work in the manual ON position? Anything else not working, say front wipers, O/D off switch, etc.? There are a few variables here. Parts of what you describe could be the ICU. Could also be a bad ground. With the information you have provided at this point, I'm leaning towards ground. The spot lights (map lights) have nothing to do with the ICU according to the drawings. However, the ICU and the spot lights share the same ground, G401. G401 hides behind the kick panel on the left side of the cabin. An easy place to check some of it would be at the spot light itself. The black wire going to those is the ground. A test light would tell you pretty quick if your ground is good up there. If it isn't good there, you are probably on the right track.

When dealing with stuff like this, its best to pick one component and troubleshoot it until you find the problem and not jump around from problem to problem.
    -Brent

2018 Honda Accord 2.0T Touring
    2012 Honda Civic Si
    2006 Honda CR-V EX 6 Speed Manual 4WD
    2000 Honda CR-V EX 4 Speed Automatic 4WD

Thanks (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by BDub View Post
    Ok, will the rear wiper work when you hold the switch to the WASH position, or not at all? Will the dome light work in the manual ON position? Anything else not working, say front wipers, O/D off switch, etc.? There are a few variables here. Parts of what you describe could be the ICU. Could also be a bad ground. With the information you have provided at this point, I'm leaning towards ground. The spot lights (map lights) have nothing to do with the ICU according to the drawings. However, the ICU and the spot lights share the same ground, G401. G401 hides behind the kick panel on the left side of the cabin. An easy place to check some of it would be at the spot light itself. The black wire going to those is the ground. A test light would tell you pretty quick if your ground is good up there. If it isn't good there, you are probably on the right track.

When dealing with stuff like this, its best to pick one component and troubleshoot it until you find the problem and not jump around from problem to problem.
    Thanks for your help!
    Rear wiper does not operate at all.
    Dome light and map light have no power at white/red stripe wire at all.
    The grounds both test good at dome light and map light.

I mentioned multiple components because they quite working at the exact same time. Because they lost power at the same time it makes me think it is related to the Integrated Control Module??
    Also noted the the "rear hatch open" dash light illuminated while driving even though it was closed.
    Any other ideas?
    Thanks!

5. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

Thanks (Received)
    I did also find the large ground behind the kick panel. It is in nice shape and tests good.

Thanks (Received)
    Just confirmed there IS power going to rear wiper motor but switch is not controlling it. The wiper motor itself bench tested ok.
    So...
    No power at Dome lights and map lights
    Good ground at dome and map lights
    Rear wiper does not actuate with switch.
    Intermittent "rear Hatch open" light on dash

I hate electrical issues!
    Any input would be great. Thanks!

Thanks (Received)
    Let me study the drawings a little more. I’ll post back later tonight.
    -Brent

2012 Honda Civic Si

Thanks (Received)
    Mkay. If you have no power on the Red/White, either fuse 43 in the under hood box is blown, or there is a broken wire. The tailgate ajar indicator is probably just the switch on the door. It provides the circuit with ground when the door is open. May need adjustment.

Here is a diagram for the wiper control circuit. Should help determine if the switch is working or not.

Name:  wiper.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  52.8 KB
    -Brent

2012 Honda Civic Si

Thanks (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by BDub View Post
    Mkay. If you have no power on the Red/White, either fuse 43 in the under hood box is blown, or there is a broken wire. The tailgate ajar indicator is probably just the switch on the door. It provides the circuit with ground when the door is open. May need adjustment.

Here is a diagram for the wiper control circuit. Should help determine if the switch is working or not.

Name:  wiper.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  52.8 KB
    Thats for the diagram!
    Fuse 43 is good. Wiring is good.
    I am going to start looking for a ICU to replace.
    I will post update once I repair.
    Unless there are any more ideas....
    Thanks!

Thanks (Received)
    If you are missing power to the lights, I don’t believe the ICU is the problem. Besides that, it has nothing to do with the spot lights. Could be a possibility for the wiper, but I would check the wiring and switch before digging that module out from behind that fuse panel.
    -Brent

2012 Honda Civic Si

Thanks (Received)
    Based on what you are telling me, you need to troubleshoot the circuit for fuse 43 before replacing the ICU. That circuit should be hot all the time, and if its not, that needs to be addressed first. That is also one of the power feeds to the ICU.

Name:  Capture.jpg
Views: 6
Size:  37.4 KB
    Last edited by BDub; 04-17-2019 at 08:09 AM.
    -Brent

2012 Honda Civic Si

13. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements