2012 CRV battery change-now MID, remote, steering controls, back up cam not working
  1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home – General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: 2012 CRV battery change-now MID, remote, steering controls, back up cam not working

crv|oc Rank: Member
    Thanks (Received)

2012 CRV battery change-now MID, remote, steering controls, back up cam not working

Good morning. New to the forum and I've searched for over an hour and can't find any threads that match the issue I'm having. Hope someone has experienced the same issue I'm dealing with now.

My daughter has a 2012 Honda CRV EX with a dead battery. Replaced the battery last night and now the Multi Information Display, power locks, steering wheel controls, remote and backup camera don't work. The radio works but no display on the MID.

I've googled this and some say replace fuse 29 under the hood. Did that and still nothing. Some say you have to have the dealer re-flash the computer. Seems there are alot of battery issues out there but haven't found any that match my scenario. Any help would be great.

Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

crv|oc Rank: Silver
    Thanks (Received)
    If it were me I'd start completely over. IE, disconnect the battery, wait at least 5 minutes for any 'memory' to die in the computer, then hook it up and try again. It sounds like the computer needs a reboot from scratch.

Did you diagnose why the battery went dead before replacing it?

That may or may not have anything to do with the current problem.
    When I replaced my '13's battery, the only problem I ran into was a total 'no start' situation after I had relocated the ground cable end which goes to the chassis. Once I put it back in the original location, it started just fine and no radio code was needed either.

crv|oc Rank: Sophomore
    Thanks (Received)
    1. Pull Radio fuse under inside panel check it is ok.
    2. Pull Back Up fuse under hood of car ++ This is likely blown ++.
    Replace the 10amp fuse using the spare.

5. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

Thanks (Received)
    Thanks for the quick replies.

I was in a hurry to get it done and probably should have taken more time to troubleshoot. To be completely honest I had OReilly check the battery and came back with bad test 2 times. Replaced the battery and now have all these other issues. I tried replacing the Backup fuse and that didn't work. Changed the "Audio" fuse, no go. Tried removing the negative cable for a few minutes and still nothing works. I guess I can try to leave the battery disconnected for longer to see if that resets it. What's weird is the radio works. You can hear the music playing but just have no display in the MID. So I'm baffled.

crv|oc Rank: Silver
    Thanks (Received)
    Again, not a mechanic, just an enthusiast, I'd disconnect the battery and touch the two cable ends to each other once completely off the battery. Hopefully this will reset the computer.

Thanks (Received)
    Went to Honda and got the wiring diagrams (I'm an aircraft electrician...gotta have wiring diagrams..lol) for all the systems affected. I'll be troubleshooting after trying the reset method you suggested. Thanks for the help. I'll let everyone know what I find out...if anything. Take care.

9. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements