2008 cr-v tpms light
  1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home – General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: 2008 cr-v tpms light

crv|oc Rank: Member
    Thanks (Received)

2008 cr-v tpms light

My TPMS light came on, went off, and came on again and stayed on. I suspect it’s the sensors, or, at least, one of them but I don’t know how to determine which one. Is there a tool that can tell me which TPMS sensor is bad, if there are multiple bad sensors, and can reprogram the computer when I replace one?
    I did check and I know my tire pressure is correct for all 4 tires. I’m thinking about boosting the pressures from 30 to 35 to see if that works.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

crv|oc Rank: Silver
    Thanks (Received)
    What's the required pressure? You can do that, it might work. How about the spare?

Thanks (Received)
    I have seen the battery get weak and read 0 psi and not make the TPMS light flash "fault" for the first 2 minutes after starting, that would be my guess the battery's are good for 7 to 10 years so probably time to replace all 4 sensors and program them to the vehicle any tire shop can do that, I do them at work once in a while,if the sensors are not the original they can scan them and determine which one is the problem and replace that one, then reprogram all 4 to the car,if they are from 2008 do them all it will save a lot of headaches in the future

5. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

crv|oc Rank: Senior
    Thanks (Received)
    My '07 does that once in a while. I think it was due to some bouts of cold weather, which lowers tire pressure just a little. When it warmed back up, the issue went away. Most good tire shops have the tpms scanner to diagnose issues and can pinpoint any problems. Sensors run about $50 each plus installation, and the tire has to come off to replace it, as it is inside the wheel, so it's usually best to replace as a set, when buying new tires, to avoid extra installation charges.
    Last edited by kloker; 04-25-2019 at 05:51 AM.
    Larry

Now that I've learned my lesson, I'm supremely confident that next time I'll make a different mistake.

2007 CR-V EX-L AWD Green Tea Metallic
    1991 Ford F250 Lariat Supercab LWB 4X4, 460 AT

Thanks (Received)
    Thanks for replying. I’ve set the pressure to 35 (standard is 30) but haven’t driven it for the requisite 30 miles yet. I think replacing all four is the way to go, but Honda here in Portland,OR, wants $268 in labor plus’s $66 per TPMS sensor for a grand total of $532. That’s replacing all four and reprogramming them. Seems a lot of money. I think I’ll wait until I need new tires an let Les Schwab do the deed when I need tires.

crv|oc Rank: Senior
    Thanks (Received)
    I would never go to a Honda dealer for anything but warranty or recall work. They are pickpockets. Set your pressure back to 30. Otherwise you'll see slightly increased wear at the center of the tire tread. After that, yeah, just get them when you get new tires. If you are still getting the light, it probably just means the battery is down to nothing in one of the sensors. They are like watch batteries. They last 7-10 years, but the battery cannot be replaced, so new sensors. Make sure the new ones have at least a 5-year warranty through the installer.
    Last edited by kloker; 04-25-2019 at 06:03 AM.
    Larry

Now that I've learned my lesson, I'm supremely confident that next time I'll make a different mistake.

2007 CR-V EX-L AWD Green Tea Metallic
    1991 Ford F250 Lariat Supercab LWB 4X4, 460 AT

Thanks (Received)
    I set the tire pressure to 35 and the TPMS light went off, but I have driven it very far yet. I’m gonna take it out to Multnomah Falls (about 20 miles one way) to see if it comes back on.

Thanks (Received)
    Certain obd readers can also read limited tpms data (if the sensor is communicating or not, and sometimes which one)

Thanks (Received)
    One of our '09s has the TPMS light randomly going on and off. I highly suspect it's the batteries, as we're at the 10 year point. I can get Denso TMPS sensors from Rock Auto, but I need to get them replaced and programmed, so that will probably cost more than the sensors themselves. I don't know if my neighbor's shop can do the programming--I'll have to ask.
    2009 CR-V EX-L / 2009 CR-V EX-L #2 / 2004 Civic LX / 1997 CR-V LX / 2002 Accord EX-L V6

12. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements