Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

'02 Lx gauge cluster lights

4K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  fubarnow 
#1 · (Edited)
I am looking to change all the instrument gauge cluster lights on my 2002 Lx automatic transmission, does anybody know the part numbers and amount of lamps needed for this task?
Looking for the trade number for each lamp and am hoping to go with LED'S, I've no idea why Honda does not provide this at their eStore website nor in the owner's manual.
Thanks!

#3 ·
Thank-You sir,
That site provides very useful information, better than Honda's Eparts site.
I haven't removed the cluster yet, preferring to have all the lamps on hand before I do so.
Am I correct in assuming that the cluster illumination lamps are clear, as well the indicator/warning lamps? the latter dependent on it's actual lens color to provide the appropriate color?
All 17 lamps associated with the cluster do not indicate it's color, so I am assuming that they are all clear.
As you know, all instruments and controls in this vehicle cast an orange/amber glow, popularized by BMW in the eighties, but rather passe for this millennium.
Personally, I prefer "electroluminescent" gauge background lighting pioneered by Chrysler in the fifties (so they claim).

#6 · (Edited)
I think original bulbs used in cars last longer than aftermarket bulbs.
Many times a headlight bulb needs more frequent changing if an aftermarket
bulb is used.
I did some research to get original headlight bulbs instead of shorter life
after market bulbs. Honda vehicles use bulbs that cannot be bought in a retail store.
If you want original bulbs, You have to buy them from Honda.
The reason I'm bringing this up is that if you're going to replace cluster lamps,
you probably want the longest lasting lamps you can buy.
You don't want to use a bulb that will burn out in 2 or 3 years.
You want something that will last for a decade or more.
Just something to consider.
Honda uses Stanley Bulbs when they build a car
but are not available in the aftermarket.

They are more expensive but they last longer.
You get what you pay for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.