Dashcam High-Pitched Noise?
  1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home – General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Dashcam High-Pitched Noise?

crv|oc Rank: Sophomore
    Thanks (Received)

Dashcam High-Pitched Noise?

For some reason, every dashcam I have installed in my 2012 Honda CR-V has exhibited some kind of high-pitched noise. It first started with a mini 0806 and now I'm having the same problem with a new Viofo A129 Duo. Another CR-V owner on dashcamtalk.com mentioned he was having similar problems. Aside from the A129, there are no other aftermarket electronic devices installed in my CR-V. I've put together a short list of the things that could be causing this issue. Please let me know if I'm missing anything.

POSSIBLE PROBLEMS
    • Defective dashcam (unlikely since two different brands have had the same problem)
    • Grounding problem
    • Interference from something in the CR-V

Have any other CR-V owners had similar problems with dashcams or other electronic devices and if so what was your solution?
    2012 Honda CR-V EX-L AWD in White Diamond Pearl

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

crv|oc Rank: Junior
    Thanks (Received)
    This kind of noise is common with CB radio installs, too. You might look for some YouTube videos or website info on it, like how to put chokes on the wires, how to ground the device chassis, and how to install an inline noise filter. Causes can include alternator/ignition noise, inadequate grounding, etc. Good luck with it and let us know how it works out.
    Larry

Now that I've learned my lesson, I'm supremely confident that next time I'll make a different mistake.

2007 CR-V EX-L AWD Green Tea Metallic
    1991 Ford F250 Lariat Supercab LWB 4X4, 460 AT

crv|oc Rank: Member
    Thanks (Received)
    My son has a 2012 CRV as well. He has a Street Guardian (not that the brand matters) dash cam installed and is not experiencing any noise with it. You may want to search or post on this other forum for help. There are some fairly knowledgeable dashcam people there.

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/

5. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

crv|oc Rank: Silver
    Thanks (Received)
    Is the high pitch noise always present even if the engine is off? Do you have a booster pack that you can plug in the dash cam?

Thanks (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by otto888man View Post
    Is the high pitch noise always present even if the engine is off? Do you have a booster pack that you can plug in the dash cam?
    Yes, the noise is always present but it's inconsistent, in terms of the volume. There doesn't seem to be any correlation with engine RPMs. A fellow CR-V owner responded on dashcamtalk.com that he's having a similar problem and that Viofo thinks it may be the hard-wire kit.

So that it may help other CR-V owners, here's the post: https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/thread...-2#post-463274

Thanks (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3hondas3 View Post
    My son has a 2012 CRV as well. He has a Street Guardian (not that the brand matters) dash cam installed and is not experiencing any noise with it. You may want to search or post on this other forum for help. There are some fairly knowledgeable dashcam people there.

Thanks, and you're right.

Thanks (Received)
    I have a ROAV S1 dashcam. no sound issues.

mine has an extended battery and activates when vehicle is bumped, door opened, etc. since it has the battery, i ran the cable in the moulding to the USBs in back seat area.
    Last edited by lmaxim; Yesterday at 11:50 PM.
    2018 CR-V EX-L Modern Steel Metallic (minus leather seats)-built in IN
    formerly owned 2001 Accord EX-L Coupe Silver [238,000+ miles]-built in OH, 1994 Civic Hatchback Harvard Blue [160,000+ miles]-built in Canada

crv|oc Rank: Junior
    Thanks (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3hondas3 View Post

2016 CRV with a Street Guardian SG9665GC V2 and no problems. I use a piggy back fuse for power.
    Pedro

Thanks (Received)
    Where did you run your power wires? If you get those too close to the wrong thing it could pick up some noise.
    -Brent

2018 Honda Accord 2.0T Touring
    2012 Honda Civic Si
    2006 Honda CR-V EX 6 Speed Manual 4WD
    2000 Honda CR-V EX 4 Speed Automatic 4WD

12. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements