2012 CR-V Spark Plugs? - Page 2
  1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home – General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

Thanks Thanks:  2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2012 CR-V Spark Plugs?

Thanks (Received)
    I would have to look back a couple of years, but I could show the photo of the #$&@^* Bosch plug that destroyed our Civic's cylinder head. The ceramic insulator shattered inside the cylinder. I always considered Bosch to be avoided before that happened. (These came with the car when we bought it.) On both of our '09s, one of the first things I did was pull the plugs to be sure Bosch wasn't in these engines. I ended up replacing both sets with NGKs as they were due anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by 20CRVEX13 View Post
    Thought you guys might like to see a 'bad' plug from my V-6 Accord.

Attachment 129819

To say I'm disappointed in finding this is an understatement.
    That's not from an oil leak, is it?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

Thanks (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by RavenManiac View Post
    Is that carbon build up? What does that mean?
    The ceramic insulator in the center of 20CRVEX13's plug is cracked. The other deposits could be from burning a little oil. The brown ring on your plugs is 100% normal.

crv|oc Rank: Silver
    Thanks (Received)
    The problem with that plug I pictured is as BDub says, a cracked insulator on the center electrode.
    That plug is #3 from my '11 V-6 which has the VCM engine in it. Basically runs on 3 cylinders when in ECO mode.
    New plugs have it running great again. I'll have to watch it more closely than before as I'm used to Honda's going 100k miles on a set of plugs before they need replacing. This set has less than 45k on them. The Accord forum says I should disable the VCM which would get rid of the ECO mode, but I like the gas mileage I'm able to get out of the car with in enabled. If it means I have to keep an eye on the plugs so be it.
    My computer said I was able to get 30 mpg while doing a 2.5 hour drive at an @ speed of 60 mph on my last trip north. I haven't 'run the numbers' but they've been pretty close to the same when I do, so I'm happy to rely on the computer.
    The #3 plug is the one that is shut down the most often in the V-6 VCM program so it's no surprise really that it's the worst of the bunch.

5. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12