Another Vtec Conversion !!
  1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home – General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

Thanks Thanks:  1
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Another Vtec Conversion !!

crv|oc Rank: Member
    Thanks (Received)

Another Vtec Conversion !!

So had a few Hondas, and had a CRV for a while as the family truck..

Decided to throw its head gasket for the 2nd time, and, I was gonna change it meself..

Figured, if Im changing it meself, why not do it right....

So, after some reading, more reading, and more reading, figured out that you could do this, seen a couple of examples around the globe, but, none in the UK that I could see.

Boggo standard 2 ltr CRV, decent nick, too good to get rid of..

Urgh, even LOOKS broken....

THEMS funny dowels.....

OOOhhhhh, THAT makes more sense.....

Yep, proper B20 in ma CRV, with 4wd as well, running, and driving...

ALMOST finished now, just need to wait for ma socketed and mapped ECU to arrive, run wires from harness to Vtec Solenoid, and, bobs yer uncle, Vtec B20 CRV....

Yep, hosing is a little ghetto, needed to use what was there to figure out what needed moving, will be putting all new black hoses on where they have been made up...

So, next time you are thinkin about blattin past a CRV, look for the CRVtec badge....

2. Thankskwijibo thanked for this post
  3. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

Thanks (Received)
    Great job.
    2000 Cr-v 5spd. xplode/mtx audio. custom flip mod

Thanks (Received)
    Huzzah! Now clean the crap out of it until it looks pretty. Prettiness won't matter, but it will definilty effect the cool factor.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

6. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

Super Moderator
    Thanks (Received)
    Very nice.

I may have to do this down the road yet.

Please let us know how your fuel mileage is after you get it all tuned.
    One bad night! <--- Click for a totalled CR-V. All but 2 pics fixed.

Thanks (Received)
    wow thats great. Do you now how much power you will get out of it?
    Nothing is as cool as rollin' thru da hood with 122 cubic inches

crv|oc Rank: Sophomore burtonbrd138's Avatar
    Thanks (Received)
    ya i want to do this too on my 98 V! is at as easy as taking the head off and replacing it with a VTEC head?

Thanks (Received)
    On your 98's, you have a definate advantage, as oyu will have B20Z engines (your air intake doesnt look like a giraffe, but has like a square cover over it). This gives you higher compression, and you can rev higher SAFELY.

With regards the swap, in a nutshell you will need;

b16/b18 head, intake manifold, throttle body, basically everything on the inlet side
    b20 head gasket
    b20 cam belt
    b20 water pump (use old if its ok)
    oil line kit (like this one http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...0648&viewitem=)

p28 ecu, socketed and chipped with the software of your choice, ie Crome, Uberdata etc. Also an OBD2 to OBD1 Harness Conversion

Then, take off all the old stuff, intake, head, water lines etc.

Refit new head, using B20 head gasket (this will need drilled), and the dowels which come with the kit.

Match up all the hoses, plugs etc, fill up oil and colant, plug in ecu, and run 2 wires from the relevan wires on teh harness to the Vtec Solenoid and Oil Pressure Sensor, and, fire it up....

Havign just done it, its still very fresh, but it eally is quite easy.. Bear in mind, I would generally book my crv into the garage to inflate tyres, THATS how novice I am... Joking aside, I dont know how to do much mechanicall, but with BamBams read me, it is very esy to do.

SERJ22, dont worry, it wont be too long, until it looks like my previous Honda's...

Thanks (Received)

OBD2-OBD1 Auto?

So is your CRV an automatic? I vtec converted mine, plus turbo, rebuilt the transmission too for the extra power, but am struggling to get past the low rev limits---if i hit 8000 rpm which it's built for, i should be putting down 240 whp---

any ideas?

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/S...CRV_637052.htm

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/S...CRV_637056.htm

Thanks (Received)
    Nope, Im lucky, I live in the UK, and have a manual.

I watched your vids, looks canny cool I think with some proper engine management, and tuning, you will not struggle any more. Kidflava's one seems to pick up real well, don't have any problem gettin out of low revs, and he has an Auto.

there is a coupla ones on Youtube as well, very nice built manual one on there. That picks up REEEEEEEEL well, if he can do that NA, then , I look forward to yours being done forced !!!

Thanks (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by trls View Post
    On your 98's, you have a definate advantage, as oyu will have B20Z engines (your air intake doesnt look like a giraffe, but has like a square cover over it).

I wish the EURO models were sold in the US but congress screwed up by riseing crash standards.

in 1999 The b20z was first used in the American V. 1998 They still had the b20b allthough I am not sure how much different the air intakes are.

What a shame All european cars are better looking and more fun to drive than American cars.
    Nothing is as cool as rollin' thru da hood with 122 cubic inches

14. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast