2017 Trailer Light Wiring
  1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home – General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: 2017 Trailer Light Wiring

crv|oc Rank: Member
    Thanks (Received)

2017 Trailer Light Wiring

Installed a hitch on a 2017 CRV this weekend. The instructions indicated a plug behind the trim on the driver's side in the cargo bay, but we could not find it. It has rear sensors and a camera. Is the wiring different? Any insight appreciated. Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

crv|oc Rank: Freshman
    Thanks (Received)
    can't comment on the 2017 but the plug was exactly as shown on the etrailer.com video for my 2016

Thanks (Received)
    Anyone ever figure out where the trailer tap is installed?

5. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

Thanks (Received)
    I'm curious too.

Thanks (Received)
    Me Too. If you have found a solution it would be nice if you posted it so the thread can be completed. I'd call the hitch or wire provider for an answer. If you don't want to send me (PM) the names and part numbers and I'll call.

BTW. This was my first post on this site. Expect more as we just bought the CRV and I am always an active user/supporter of forums.

Thanks in advance

Thanks (Received)
    The e-trailer wire harness fit into the factory connectors just as the instructions showed. No problems. But it is a bit of a chore to remove/pry back the plastic panels in the cargo area to gain access. Mine is a 2015. Same as 2016. Not sure about 2017's.

Thanks (Received)
    I just did mine last weekend. The plug was exactly where it shows on the video. It was taped to the harness so look for that.

As for the instructions in the videos and paper instructions that came with the plug. One video and the paper instruction dont take as much apart. They don't remove the covers at the back of the seats on the floor and something else. Follow the other video that takes the most parts off the car. I'd include that links but.....

They all missed taking the shopping bag hook out. It's located on the bottom left of the rear panel. As I pulled the plastic trim back to get into the harness I heard a pop and something dying into the car. It took me a while to find it and the clips toast. I'll have to buy a new one.

There are two different tow harnesses I've seen one that uses a new fuse and must be grounded and the other just snaps in and is ready to go ( the one I got). No idea why they are different but I'll guess it will depend on the current draw of your trailer. Lotsa lights? Go with the one with the fuse.

I also had problems with the draw title hitch. I'm in contact with them to see why. When I get the skinny I'll post it separate from here as a hitch post

Thanks (Received)
    I had the same situation... no factory vehicle connector!!! I bought the original honda harness (include the converter) and trailer hitch. I’m very confused. My CRV is a version to Paraguay, South America...right now I’m trying to now if the factory connector is directly connected to the taillights cables and validate if +12 volts is permanent 12 volts. I will appreciate your help!

Thanks (Received)
    https://www.etrailer.com/t1-2016_Honda_CR-V.htm

Just go in and change the vehicle to your year/make/model.

12. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements