Missed factory connector for trailer hitch harness on a CRV ‘18
  1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home – General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Missed factory connector for trailer hitch harness on a CRV ‘18

crv|oc Rank: Member
    Thanks (Received)

Missed factory connector for trailer hitch harness on a CRV ‘18

Hello,

* I'm from Paraguay, South America. I decided to install the original Honda trailer hitch and harness. I bought both and on the weekend proceeded to the installation. With the trailer hitch I had no problems and I was able to follow the instructions step by step. When I try to install the harness I realize that the vehicle's factory connector is not in any place on the main harnes on the right side behind the panel. I have searched every centimeter and it is definitely not there. I think that the version for my country does not include the possibility of installing the harness for the trailer. Then I would like to take the signals from the cables of the CRV lights. As the original harness for trailer brings a 6-wire converter (Small lights, left turn light, right turn light, brake light, ground and 12 volts) to 4-wire (Small lights, left turn/brake light, right turn/brake light, ground), could someone confirm me if the cables of the factory connector on the vehicle go directly to the lights cables? also if the +12 volts of the connector are with ACC of the ignition key or are permanent 12 volts

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

Thanks (Received)
    The factory connection (at least on US spec vehicles) is on the left side of the trunk as you face forwards. Your region may b different but take another look with this video.

https://www.etrailer.com/vehicle-finder.aspx?hhcat=t1

crv|oc Rank: Member
    Thanks (Received)
    I re-checked several times...Name:  83B82EC0-F1F4-491D-9098-597695AC17C8.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  44.9 KB

5. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements