Key fob battery dead and using key resulted in dead car
  1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home – General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Key fob battery dead and using key resulted in dead car

crv|oc Rank: Member
    Thanks (Received)

Key fob battery dead and using key resulted in dead car

Hi All,
    I need help!! I attempted to open my car door manually as my key fob battery was dead. It wasn't a smooth unlock and when I got into the car I couldn't use my power door unlock feature in the car to unlock any doors. When I placed my key into the ignition no lights came on and the car wouldn't start. I just got a new car battery so I believe it has something to do with the dead battery key fob. Now I just replaced the key fob battery but unfortunately it is still not working on my car...any ideas of what hacks I might be able to try to get my car to start? I'm thinking it's part of an anti theft device on the car preventing me from starting it after manual entry but I thought the new battery would get me back in good graces with my car!

TIA!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

crv|oc Rank: Senior
    Thanks (Received)

Sounds like your car battery is dead or disconnected..

Quote Originally Posted by waldrov View Post
    Hi All,
    I need help!! I attempted to open my car door manually as my key fob battery was dead. It wasn't a smooth unlock and when I got into the car I couldn't use my power door unlock feature in the car to unlock any doors. When I placed my key into the ignition no lights came on and the car wouldn't start. I just got a new car battery so I believe it has something to do with the dead battery key fob. Now I just replaced the key fob battery but unfortunately it is still not working on my car...any ideas of what hacks I might be able to try to get my car to start? I'm thinking it's part of an anti theft device on the car preventing me from starting it after manual entry but I thought the new battery would get me back in good graces with my car!

TIA!
    If car battery is dead key fob will not work. If no lights when inserting any key that will turn the ignition switch means the car battery is dead or disconnected.

crv|oc Rank: Junior
    Thanks (Received)
    ^^ X2

Can't blame this one on opening the door with a key. You sure the fob battery was dead? Why?

5. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements