Motortrend 2019 compact suv test - Page 2
  1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home – General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

Thanks Thanks:  11
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Motortrend 2019 compact suv test

Thanks (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by MangoConChile View Post
    This quote from MotorTrend sums it up nicely:

"Honda made sure it kept its crown jewel ahead of the field by paying attention to a wide range of details," Detroit editor Alisa Priddle said. "Others might excel in certain fields, but others don't put the whole package together the way the CR-V does.
    Yep that's the truth and that's why I bought mine instead of the 2018 RAV4. Toyota did a lot of good things with the Gen4 but they also had a lot of things that felt dated.

Rob
    2018 White Diamond Pearl 1.5T AWD Black Leather, Panoramic Sun Roof, All LED Lighting and Made in Thailand.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

crv|oc Rank: Member
    Thanks (Received)
    "No crossover provides a better overall balance than the Honda. It's fun to drive yet still comfortable. It's quick yet efficient. It's affordable yet still well equipped. And it's compact outside and spacious inside. The Honda CR-V is not only the best in this segment, but its crossover appeal should also put it on the short list of anyone shopping for a new family ride of any shape or size. With a CR-V this good, it's easy to see why the sedan is on its way out."

Exactly why I bought one. It just does everything well!

Thanks (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Daekwan View Post
    "No crossover provides a better overall balance than the Honda. It's fun to drive yet still comfortable. It's quick yet efficient. It's affordable yet still well equipped. And it's compact outside and spacious inside. The Honda CR-V is not only the best in this segment, but its crossover appeal should also put it on the short list of anyone shopping for a new family ride of any shape or size. With a CR-V this good, it's easy to see why the sedan is on its way out."

Exactly why I bought one. It just does everything well!
    It's pretty hard when your shopping around on a certain budget not to end up with a CR-V. No SUV in this price range has ever impressed me as much on the test drive. Admittedly the only flaw that I noticed was the Lag below 2000 rpm.

Rob
    2018 White Diamond Pearl 1.5T AWD Black Leather, Panoramic Sun Roof, All LED Lighting and Made in Thailand.

5. Thanksrocky thanked for this post
  6. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

Thanks (Received)
    What good are top ratings if a car manufacturer can' fix known problems and are a pain in the A** to deal with :=(

8. Thanksmike881881, gmanjeff, TEXASCRVs, calico thanked for this post
    crv|oc Rank: Member
    Thanks (Received)
    Definitely ...they all have the OD problem

crv|oc Rank: Junior
    Thanks (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Genesis View Post
    What good are top ratings if a car manufacturer can' fix known problems and are a pain in the A** to deal with :=(
    I agree. Ownership puts a different light on the matter. This is the new Honda with probably countless issues noted on the forum aside from OD including oil leaks, increased oil change frequency, gas leaks, batteries with 12-18 month life span, failing shift knob, many software issues, erratic cruise control velocity, dashboard failures, etc. Fortunately my local dealer has been reasonably good and I haven't needed to seek an OD fix.
    2017 CRV Touring AWD Lunar Silver

crv|oc Rank: Senior
    Thanks (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by az_crv View Post
    I agree. Ownership puts a different light on the matter. This is the new Honda with probably countless issues noted on the forum aside from OD including oil leaks, increased oil change frequency, gas leaks, batteries with 12-18 month life span, failing shift knob, many software issues, erratic cruise control velocity, dashboard failures, etc. Fortunately my local dealer has been reasonably good and I haven't needed to seek an OD fix.
    You can go to forums of any vehicles and find countless issues with the vehicle. Some of the complaints are real but exaggerated because of the internet while others are by people who might not even own or drive that vehicle but want to discredit a brand they don't like or they have an interest in a competing brand. We have no way of knowing the truth.

12. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12