Low TPMS Indicator Issues on 2017 CR-V
  1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home – General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Low TPMS Indicator Issues on 2017 CR-V

crv|oc Rank: Member
    Thanks (Received)

Low TPMS Indicator Issues on 2017 CR-V

I have a 2017 CR-V EX which has problems with the low TPMS indicator coming on for no apparent reason. My summer tires are 18 inch while the winter tires are 17 inch Goodyear. Last winter my dealership claimed that the system had to be programmed for the 17 inch tires which still didn’t solve the problem. I made numerous trips to the dealership, was told to calibrate the tires 3 times and travel for at least 20 minutes at different speeds, still didn’t solve the problem. The dealership told me Honda Canada was aware of the issue and did not give a concrete answer to the problem. They stated that the new indirect TPMS system is very sensitive. Some winter tires can cause vibrations that can be felt through the wheel bearing causing the light to come on. It may be related to the aggressive/lumpy treads of that specific brand of winter tires. If this is only happening with the winter tires it may have to be reset more often if all the tire pressures are the same still. They still want to ensure that all treads are even, tire psi is set, software is up to date and that the correct/best suited tires and rims options are selected through the Honda tablet.
    So far this winter I’m having to calibrate the winter tires on a daily basis. This does not put a lot of trust for me in the other safety indicators that this vehicle has on it.
    Is anybody else on the forum having problems with the low TPMS indicator coming on for no apparent reason?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

crv|oc Rank: Member
    Thanks (Received)
    Finally after a year and a half of dealing this problem, numerous trips to my Honda dealership, numerous emails and calls to Honda Canada, and establishment of a mediation file with Honda Canada, on February 19, 2019 Honda Canada gave the go ahead to my Honda dealership to replace the 17 inch Honda silver steel rims with ordinary 17 inch black steel rims. It appears that this has resolved this issue as one of the the Honda silver steel rims must have been the problem causing the false TPMS warning.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements