Air bags that won't go away
  1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

Thanks Thanks:  2

Thread: Air bags that won't go away

Thanks (Received)

Air bags that won't go away

2. Thanks TEXASCRVs thanked for this post
  3. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

crv|oc Rank: Sophomore
    Thanks (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Genesis View Post
    Looks like my wife's CR-V will have to be redone again. Fun and games in the Honda world.

Thanks (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by TEXASCRVs View Post
    Looks like my wife's CR-V will have to be redone again. Fun and games in the Honda world.
    Nothing regarding Honda. The company that makes the system for Honda does for several other brands as well.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

6. Thanks RockyMtnCRV thanked for this post
  7. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

Thanks (Received)
    Makes you just want to unhook the damn things. I'm sure I'll be getting another recall notice in the mail shortly. Got to take my Corolla to get the bombs replaced in it too.
    -Brent

2018 Honda Accord 2.0T Touring
    2012 Honda Civic Si
    2006 Honda CR-V EX 6 Speed Manual 4WD
    2000 Honda CR-V EX 4 Speed Automatic 4WD

Thanks (Received)
    Has the recall actually been issued yet? I checked three of our five cars--nothing came up on Honda's site with our VINs.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigris99 View Post
    Nothing regarding Honda. The company that makes the system for Honda does for several other brands as well.
    I got into it on another forum with a Ford employee. He'll never buy a Honda for his kid because of the faulty airbags. I shut him down quick by listing a dozen other manufacturers and models with the Takata "killer bombs" in them also. Should have said that at least Honda proactively recalls the cars for safety.
    2009 CR-V EX-L / 2009 CR-V EX-L #2 / 2004 Civic LX / 1997 CR-V LX / 2002 Accord EX-L V6

crv|oc Rank: Freshman
    Thanks (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildcat View Post
    Has the recall actually been issued yet? I checked three of our five cars--nothing came up on Honda's site with our VINs.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigris99 View Post
    I got into it on another forum with a Ford employee. He'll never buy a Honda for his kid because of the faulty airbags. I shut him down quick by listing a dozen other manufacturers and models with the Takata "killer bombs" in them also. Should have said that at least Honda proactively recalls the cars for safety.
    Have the Ford employee read the article in this thread :

In January, 2.9 million Toyota and Fiat Chrysler vehicles were recalled for potentially faulty passenger-side front airbag inflators connected with Takata. In the same month, Ford recalled 953,000 vehicles because of possibly faulty airbags.

Thanks (Received)
    It's an industry wide issue.

Thanks (Received)
    The article I quoted to my *cough* "friend" *cough* listed all of the vehicles in the recalls which used the Takata airbags.

I'm surprised they can even remain in business. Honda's second round of recalls is to replace the replacement inflators which Takata couldn't even make the replacements correctly. I almost think they might not even be around in five years' time. For all the money they've cost the auto manufacturers, and injuries and deaths they have caused, I'm convinced Takata really needs to go away, once all the eventual lawsuits get settled...
    2009 CR-V EX-L / 2009 CR-V EX-L #2 / 2004 Civic LX / 1997 CR-V LX / 2002 Accord EX-L V6

Thanks (Received)
    I think they've actually filed bankruptcy over this. Who knows if they actually close up shop though. My just be a way to mitigate some of the loss.
    -Brent

2018 Honda Accord 2.0T Touring
    2012 Honda Civic Si
    2006 Honda CR-V EX 6 Speed Manual 4WD
    2000 Honda CR-V EX 4 Speed Automatic 4WD

Thanks (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by BDub View Post
    I think they've actually filed bankruptcy over this. Who knows if they actually close up shop though. My just be a way to mitigate some of the loss.
    They filed bankruptcy in July of 2017 IIRC. Doesn't save them from the recalls, just releases them from debt owed to creditors. If they close up shop then the recalls are more or less a waste.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

15. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements