Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Starting problems

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  kloker 
#1 ·
I took my car ( CRV diesel 2.2 2007 £175k) into the garage when it was having problems turning cover, was taking 3-4 turns. Diagnosed as needing new glow plugs.. had these changed however the car would then not start.
Since I have been told needed new Pressure valve, replaced still not working. New pressure sensory, replaced, still not turning on. Since then the pump and injectors were sent off to be inspected. All injectors passed, pumped needing to be replaced. This has been replaced with new and injectors re fitted, car still not working.
The garage have suggested there’s a lot of sediment build up and are washing it though. But it’s still not working.
HELP! Any ideas - the garage seem to be at a loss as to what’s wrong. Currently been there 1 months. Bill is massively mounting!

#2 ·
If what they are diagnosing does not fix it then you should not have to pay for it. You took it to them to correctly diagnose it not to just pick a "thought it might be" item.A handy spanner diy er could do that for you. They have to be made to pay for their unprofessionalism as that is what you took it to them for, to be professional and find the problem for the cheapest cost.

#3 ·
Are you a lady,as my first thought is they are taking you for a ride.If you put in new glow plugs and then it will not start the
glow plugs are not compatable,they should have put your old ones back.Does the engine sound sluggish on turn over,the battery should be checked,it should be above 12Volts and headlights should not dim on turn over,.could be starter motor as it has not failed,it will not show as a problem,other than that they should be able to squirt cold start spray in the air intake and it should fire if there is a fuel problem.Good Luck.

#4 ·
Welcome to the forum! Yes, I'd say have them re-install the old components where the new ones did not solve the problem, and remove them, and the corresponding labor charges, from the bill. Sounds like they are parts replacers, which is not the same thing as a qualified mechanic. Which is what you need to find. You may need a solicitor's help in this. That shop is taking your money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.