Evening all! Hopeful owner here. lots of ?s
  1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home – General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

Thanks Thanks:  1

Thread: Evening all! Hopeful owner here. lots of ?s

crv|oc Rank: Member
    Thanks (Received)

Question Evening all! Hopeful owner here. lots of ?s

Hello all, tonight my wife and I went to a local dealership and I found a 2015 CRV EX Modern Steel Metallic that I'm quite fond of. Currently I own two civics, a 94 EG8 Sedan K20a2 powered and 2007 FG2 with a built head, FBO FP etc. both that I switch off dailying. time for something new.

Anyhow, the CRV is listed for 13.5k, they are not going any lower. It has 35k miles and has been in a minor accident. Do you longtime owners or new owners have any recommendations? I saw an SE I liked but it was a bit more than I'm willing to spend.

My questions :

the dealer is also claiming that they do not have the key fob only a spare. Im sure all 2015+ Honda vehicles come with alarm systems, or am I mistaken?

Any "issues" I should be aware of? any I should be looking for?

I really want APPLE CARPLAY, what is the best way to get this in an EX? find a crashed touring and replace the unit? Or poney up and buy a Sony or Pioneer? Any recommendations for back up camera retention and steering wheel control retention?

Thanks in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

crv|oc Rank: Junior
    Thanks (Received)
    On the '15 you're looking at - if you buy it, I'd recommend you make the dealer provide two brand new OEM key fobs with it, programmed and working, free, as part of the deal. I wouldn't buy anything from a dealer unwilling to do that. There's no alarm system, but there are multiple functions you need the fobs for. Also, get the crash repairs carefully checked out to make sure they are properly done, assuming they are. If they are not done, get estimates first. What looks minor can be very expensive. On the audio system, like what it has or go aftermarket. It would be very expensive to upgrade OEM to OEM. Wiring harnesses and other parts are different. The big name aftermarket units all have provision for connecting the various peripherals, though you may need to buy additional adaptors. Sony is not one of the big 3, which are Kenwood/Alpine/Pioneer.

And WELCOME!!!
    Last edited by kloker; 03-20-2019 at 06:29 AM.
    Larry

Now that I've learned my lesson, I'm supremely confident that next time I'll make a different mistake.

2007 CR-V EX-L AWD Green Tea Metallic
    1991 Ford F250 Lariat Supercab LWB 4X4, 460 AT

4. ThanksCarbuff2 thanked for this post
    Everything in Moderation Carbuff2's Avatar
    Thanks (Received)
    Larry forgot to wish you a warm WELCOME! But, I KNOW he meant to...

Ask your question either in the Gen4 section or the Electronics area.
    Atwell "Buff" Haines
    '06 AWD CR-V, 5 speed MT!
    '19 HR-V EX

North NJ

Birthdays are good for you. The more you have, the longer you live.

6. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

Thanks (Received)
    No CarPlay on CRVS until the 17.

8. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements