Question about ambient air sensor
  1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home – General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Question about ambient air sensor

crv|oc Rank: Member
    Thanks (Received)

Question about ambient air sensor

Hope this is in the right place. So I’m a life long Honda lover and just recently purchased my first CRV. It’s a 2004, pretty plain but it does me well. Anyways obviously there isn’t much aftermarket support(compared to other Honda models) but I keep getting the urge to modify something, anything! So I noticed the later models(05/06 in certain countries) have the option for an ambient air temp readout on the dash. Has anyone been successful with adding this to an 04? Any advice/input is appreciated. Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

crv|oc Rank: Senior
    Thanks (Received)
    Welcome to the forum! I kind of have a similar wish for the newer ones with a compass. But, alas, it is not to be. Features like these are not upgrade-able in terms of OEM. The entire dash display unit, a myriad of control modules, and wiring harnesses, prevent it. Which does not, however, mean that such a device is not available in aftermarket form. My '07 does have the OEM feature and it is very handy where I live. I just looked on Amazon and there are tons of them there.
    Last edited by kloker; Today at 07:57 AM.
    Larry

Now that I've learned my lesson, I'm supremely confident that next time I'll make a different mistake.

2007 CR-V EX-L AWD Green Tea Metallic
    1991 Ford F250 Lariat Supercab LWB 4X4, 460 AT

4. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements