4x4 CR-V tested on rollers. What a complete failure!!!
  1. Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home – General discussion forum for Honda CR-V

Welcome to Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home - a website dedicated to all things Honda CR-V.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Honda CR-V Owners Club - Home today!

Thanks Thanks:  7
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 4x4 CR-V tested on rollers. What a complete failure!!!

crv|oc Rank: Member
    Thanks (Received)

4x4 CR-V tested on rollers. What a complete failure!!!

I had my CR-V tested on rollers today. How embarrassing! Why wasn't the power transferred to the rear axle? The dude who conducted the test told the same problem was with Toyota RAV4 Hybryd.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

Thanks (Received)
    Same results with many other 4x4 mini-SUVs as well.

re: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cuZYTQLfA0

Guess the only vehicle that passed "true" 4x4 auto traction is the Subaru Forester.

Thanks (Received)
    Mazda CX5 passed the same test with flying colours. Just like the cheapest, budget Dacia Duster.

5. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

crv|oc Rank: Senior
    Thanks (Received)
    AWD is not the same as 4X4. Do your research.
    Larry

Now that I've learned my lesson, I'm supremely confident that next time I'll make a different mistake.

2007 CR-V EX-L AWD Green Tea Metallic
    1991 Ford F250 Lariat Supercab LWB 4X4, 460 AT

Thanks (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by kloker View Post
    AWD is not the same as 4X4. Do your research.
    Lol, this.

Thanks (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by kaliope View Post
    I had my CR-V tested on rollers today. How embarrassing! Why wasn't the power transferred to the rear axle? The dude who conducted the test told the same problem was with Toyota RAV4 Hybryd.

Just like these idiots doing the videos, AWD is NOT 4wd, do your homework as it makes you look as bad as those people.

FYI looking at how they are doing the test shows exactly how DUMB THEY ARE.

This is not some legitimate test or even remotely close to one.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Tigris99; 04-01-2019 at 11:46 AM.

Thanks (Received)
    The CR-V's 4WD doesn't fully luck up like a truck. It just makes the rear wheels assist the front wheels when needed. Most 4WD cars are like that because they're not meant for a lot of off-road use.

Thanks (Received)
    Again: IT IS NOT FOUR WHEEL DRIVE, IT IS ALL WHEEL DRIVE, WHICH IS COMPLETELY DIFFERENT!!!!

There is no such thing as a 4WD CR-V. This is starting to sound like an argument on Monty Python! So - Bring us a shrubbery, and make it a good one!
    Larry

Now that I've learned my lesson, I'm supremely confident that next time I'll make a different mistake.

2007 CR-V EX-L AWD Green Tea Metallic
    1991 Ford F250 Lariat Supercab LWB 4X4, 460 AT

crv|oc Rank: Freshman
    Thanks (Received)
    No, it's not full time locked center differential 4WD. We get that. But the idea of AWD is that it should manage to engage the rear wheels when conditions call for it.

On the Honda and Toyota systems, the vehicles are in FWD mode most of the time. The drive shaft to the rear spins, but it is not coupled to the differential itself until needed in the interest of fuel economy and wear. Wheel speed sensors and computer control should monitor front wheel slip and on demand engage the electromagnetic clutch to bring the rear wheels on line. Yes, there will be a delay, but it should eventually work!

I find this result to be disappointing. Granted I'm used to the Subaru system, which like Audi does port some torque to the rears all the time in varying proportions via a transmission tail shaft clutch. Still, I bought my kid a CR-V believing that it would do what it's supposed to when needed.

So what am I missing? How is this video false? What conditions would satisfy the computer monitoring system and engage the rear diffy clutch??
    2013 LX AWD (kids college car) Other vehicles past & present: 2014 & 2002 Subaru Outback, 2015 & 2008 Toyota Sienna, 2002 Honda Odyssey EX

Thanks (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by kloker View Post
    Again: IT IS NOT FOUR WHEEL DRIVE, IT IS ALL WHEEL DRIVE, WHICH IS COMPLETELY DIFFERENT!!!!

There is no such thing as a 4WD CR-V. This is starting to sound like an argument on Monty Python! So - Bring us a shrubbery, and make it a good one!
    Can you explain then why the CX-5 has no issue with passing this test? You seem to be implying that only 4WD vehicles are able to.

13. Remove Advertisements
    CR-V Owners Club
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast