Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so recently swapped my high milage motor out that ran with a low mileage b20b. The car cranks but wont start. Fuel pump is not priming when key is turned over and I'm not getting any spark. I have a jumper harness for an 8pin to a 10pin harness on my dizzy and I did the ckf bypass for the no crankshaft sensor. The grounds are all good and the ground on the thermostat housing is good and tight. The ecu and fuel pump fuses are also good. I'm stumped any help would be great as the car had fuel and spark before motor swap.

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
Something is not hooked up correctly, simply put. No one on the internet is going to be able to help you with this issue. Especially since you did modifications to the electrical you shouldn't have. Sorry but with the issues your having and no idea how to sort it, doing mods to a fuel injected vehicles engine wiring harness yourself was a very bad idea.

Your going to need to get wiring schematics for the entire engine and sort it out. Sort out if fuel pump has power and ground, and chase down what is missing and why. Same with the spark situation which is likely linked to your modifications.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I literally bypassed the ckf sensor it's a straight forward thing and I've done it before. Iv already swapped it back to see if that was the problem and it was not hence why I'm here seeking for help. No other wire modifications were done. The dizzy jumper harness is a plug and play unit no hacking no nothing.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Other than that everything is hooked up exactly how it came out. This isnt my first time swapping these motors but it is my first time running into a situation of not having fuel and spark. Igp1and igp2 will be the next thing I check to see if it's getting the necessary power it's supposed to be getting.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts