Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
02-04 RSX wheels Pic. included.

I have searched for days on many sites.

Anyways, I have an 00 AWD 5spd and need to know if the 02-04 RSX rims will fit. I have read one 1 post that the OP said it hit the front calipers. Is this true? Will I need spacers?

I have the rims on the way but won't have the "V" back for about 2 more months to do test fitting. I just want to have everything I will need to get them on when I get it back.

I want to do these rims as I have 05-06 RSX-S rims on my Lude currently.

Pic of rim in question to go on.

Pic of the CR-V and Lude.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Wow. 30 views and still not an answer to the question. Well a guy got back to me on Hondatech and said his barely fit. No need for spacers.

If anyone else has or does run these, please let me know if you had issues. Also if anyone has pics please post them up as I have only seen 2 "V"s with this rim set up.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I got lucky, the previous owner was a guy with an Acura RSX that he debadged and converted it into a "Honda Integra". Centre caps came with the wheels... Even better, he sold me the spotless wheels for $250.

I want another set for my summer tires, the OEM ones look like crap compared to the RSX 5 spokes.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mine arrived today. Well 4 of the 5. The last is supposed to arrive tomorrow. Then I want to get them cleaned up as they will be sitting for a few months yet.

I did try center cap part #44732-SV7-A00 and it matched great. Went and ordered 4 more as well today.

I will run these year round and just sell the stock set and spare tire cover.

·
Registered
14 Posts
iam intrested in the fit as well as i have a 99 5spd awd but i was looking online and any aftermarket wheel option that i was seeing was 8" wide dont know if that will work so hot? was looking @ the 08 and 09 rsx type s if that makes a diff

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
iam intrested in the fit as well as i have a 99 5spd awd but i was looking online and any aftermarket wheel option that i was seeing was 8" wide dont know if that will work so hot? was looking @ the 08 and 09 rsx type s if that makes a diff

They don't make an 08-09 RSX-S sorry to say.

The last year was an 06. The 05-06 RSX-S rims were a 17 inch and that is what I run on my Prelude.

·
Registered
14 Posts
my bad was looking as tl type s ya it was a long day yesterday wasnt thinking straight sorry guys! so anyone try them on a crv yet? the rsx wheels that is

·
Registered
49 Posts
looks like the fronts need wheel spacers. It locks itself on the brake caliper. I was thinking a 5mm spacer would be fine. I didnt bother trying the rear wheel clearance. So with spacers do i need to add anything? thought?

·
Registered
31 Posts
It doesn't actually hit the caliper, just the caliper bracket and it's only a TINY bit. If you take a Dremel to the caliper bracket you can easily make them clear. I ran these all last winter and plan to run them again this winter. I've had zero problems. It's literally about 1/32 of an inch that you need to grind - most of which is just casting slag.

·
Registered
49 Posts
well it was more work then i was willing to put into it. The tires were not the correct height plus the brake clearance issue so i sold them for a profit and will seek out another approach. Thanks for the input though!

·
Registered
302 Posts
ive seen several Vs around my area using that rims... i happen to fit a set
to my other V, theres no issue.. ive seen one V too that uses it as his "track set"
he used it in an autocross event...
i dont see any problem w/ it unless you opted to get a much better set for your
V...

good luck!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts