Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have had the CR-V for nearly 8 years, and recently, the check engine light comes on and off. The engine sounds fine, I don't see smoke coming out, or rattling or anything, and it is able to runs normally. I just don't understand why the light is on. I did a code check at autozone, and it gave me two.
- P1078 - IMRC valve stuck long
- P1167 - Primary H02S (no. 1) heater system

I have no idea what they could be, so I would like to ask your help on this.

Another weird coincidence(?) I have noticed is that the light only comes on when the fuel level is between full and 3/4. After refueling, the light comes on after the second start, and goes away when the fuel level reaches below 3/4. I really cannot make any sense of it. (I do shut the fuel cap more than 3 clicks). Appreciate any help/advice on this.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
The P1167 is the A/F Sensor. You have 2 sensors under the vehicle that go into the exhaust system. The first one, closest to the engine, is the A/f sensor. The second, the goes into the catalytic convertor, is the secondary 02 sensor. The A/F sensor probably needs replaced, and it's a relatively easy repair. You would save lots of money doing it yourself.

As for the second code, it's probably a temporary code because of the first. It may clear after the repair. As for clearing the code, all you have to do is disconnect the battery for a few seconds after the repair is made.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts