Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking to upgrade the tires on my V up to the Grabber AT^2. I saw in the "max tire size without lift" thread that Turk is running 215/75/15 with no issues on his '04. When I inquired at the dealer they told me that Honda enlarged the wheels wells on the 03+.

#1: is this true?

#2: What are the largest tires anyone has put on their stock '02 V?

Thanks guys

·
Registered
106 Posts
I haven't heard of that being true at all...I have an 02 with Firestone Destination A/T's in a 205/75/15 and there is still decent clearance. I believe Turk later said his Generals were actually 225/70/15 which is actually a bit smaller in diameter than 215/75/15. However, I'm entirely sure you could do a 215/75 if that's what you really want. I chose to go with the Firestones because they got better reviews overall, the price was better, and the 205/75 size was perfect.

Here's some shots of mine with the 205's if that helps you at all:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How do they perform in sand? The V does not do any hard core trail riding, just touring in some of the large pits outside of Winnipeg. Other than that its pure city use.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I haven't had them in the Sand (I live in central ohio-no sand for a long ways!) but I've had them on some muddy dirt and loose gravel steeper hill climbs and they were pretty impressive. They far outperformed the Duelers that the V came with in equal conditions.

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
I haven't heard of that being true at all...I have an 02 with Firestone Destination A/T's in a 205/75/15 and there is still decent clearance. I believe Turk later said his Generals were actually 225/70/15 which is actually a bit smaller in diameter than 215/75/15. However, I'm entirely sure you could do a 215/75 if that's what you really want. I chose to go with the Firestones because they got better reviews overall, the price was better, and the 205/75 size was perfect.

Here's some shots of mine with the 205's if that helps you at all:

I think I may buy bigger tires like that, but I don't really ever off-road, they still look good though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts