Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So does anyone on here know of or seen a video that shows the complete remove and replacement of the damper? I found one but the poster show crap on the video only before and after nothing showing how they removed it. Any my comments to it was also deleted by the poster telling me they could give &&^^ when asked where the complete video of the removal.

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
11,804 Posts
Try a different search term like Strut Removal.

·
Registered
2003 Honda CRV EX 2.4l AT
570 Posts
Sounds like it’s time for you to make a YouTube video doing it :)

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I didn't make a YT but I did now take pictures of the location and how I did it but it wasn't easy and took a Jack and wheel blocks and wrench and pipe to remove the bolt and put some anti-seize grease on the nut and bolt to insure it comes off easier next time. As you can see I has to jack high enough and then use the socket wrench(which allowed me enough room to turn) then use a Breaker bar counter clockwise to break free the nut and after that using the wrench I could slowly loosen the bolt out. And I push it out towards the Differential side as came out without trouble and putting back the same way reverse wasn't so hard. The hard part was insuring the lock tab was inside the location before tighten the bolt in. I don't notice the joint noise as much and could be due to the damper reducing it. So now I am good just need tires now before Winter.

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Here -

Front shockes OE:

1. Honda 51606-S9A-A05
Shock Absorber Unit, Left Front

2. Honda 51605-S9A-A05
Shock Absorber Unit, Right Front

Rear Shocks:

Honda 52611-S9A-A03
Shock Absorber, Rear x 2

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just buy the kit and change all at once if they offer such options. Springs aren't your friends if they let loose.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts