Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys,
I have decided to add devil eyes to my 2002 honda crv however i have a few questions that i was hoping you guys could help me with
1. Suppose I add a devil eye, a red one for instance, would the road look red to me when im driving at night?
2. There are 2.5" and 3.0" inches projectors or lens whatever... which size would fit my crv?
3. Any recommendations or advice ?
Thank you!

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
I doubt its illegal to have any red facing lights on your vehicle. That is reserved for safety vehicles.

No they wont shine red light on the ground for you but it will be enough to grab unwanted attention from your local PD.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the reply so..if it lights as red in the middle for example, and the halo ring is blue.. what will the light on the road be?
and any idea about the sizes?

·
Registered
693 Posts
get some projector and paint the front facing part of the shield red. It will be red while the lights are off, once you turn on the light it will just be light regular lights. Or you can add some red halo, but if you get pulled over it is definitely a ticket

·
Registered
693 Posts
1.road will look white if you are just doing the halos.
2. doesn't matter what size. get some morimoto h1 and they should just screw right in after you open the headlights. I am not sure if the d2s verison would screw right in. If you are feeling brave get some TL projectors

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Based on your questions you seem rather new to retrofitting headlamps. I would suggest looking over this forum which should help you out a bunch with many of your current questions as well as ones that are yet to arise.

http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/

Next, here is a site selling much of what you need to get the job done right.

https://www.theretrofitsource.com/

Please post pics once you start yours giving updates from time to time. We like to see that kind of stuff around here.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I don't think the devil eye mod of any color actually projects any light really at all and any light it does project is negligible. Its more or less just for looks when looking at the car from the front. They're also only really on when parking lights are engaged but once you turn on your headlights (HID projectors), the demon eye LED pretty much disappears since it can't compete with a HID. So I don't think you'll even see it when the HIDs are on.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts