Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

So after a few years of just getting through the MOT tests by using the lens cleaning options and buffing with my dremmel, it's finally time to replace my 2 main headlamps due to reduced clarity.

Ive got a copy of the removal guide and the need to remove the front grill/dumper/fender but has anyone got any (gotchas) before i start doing it.

Is it worth getting spare clips, and i notice on the guide that there are 2 different types used?
Will it be a problem aligning the lenses correctly?

I'm hoping to also get my near side lamp washer fixed in the process since i need to remove the bumper.

Cheers
Mike

· Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
14,964 Posts
I think you did your due research, good job!

The clips are two different DEPTHS (they go through varying layers of plastic). If you have spares, you won't break any, of course! Trick is to re-use them, is to pry with two small screwdrivers to pull the center section out about 5 mm, then pull the entire retainer out.

While I've never replaced a headlamp assembly, I DID remove my bumper once and it wasn't too difficult.

+++++++++++

PS, if you haven't purchased replacement lights yet, may I suggest polishing them again, but this time, coat them with a CLEAR paint? Look here:

Attachments

· Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info - i had a quick check this weekend and noticed on mine that the two clips underneath are missing, so seems this bumper may have been off at one stage a long time ago.. so well see what's what soon..

· Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So I bit the bullet and swapped over the headlamps and fixed my headlamp washer at long last, started at around 6:30 this evening and all done in a couple of hours, so it really wasn't to bad, but did have one bolt that was seized on the offside wheel arch, but lucky I could still do the work with this attached and all the others out.. one note, those clip are brittle, so I will have to get a bag of new ones, but the old ones are back in at the best they can.
Pics below of the install and the old headlamps.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Bumper Automotive exterior
Headlamp Automotive lighting Light Vehicle Auto part
Headlamp Automotive lighting Light Vehicle Auto part
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Headlamp Motor vehicle
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Headlamp Automotive design

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.