Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
03 CRV EX 2.4L AWD Lifted 2"
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I've recently replaced my power steering pump, 3 times actually. 1st time I knew pump was going out due to loss of power steering, replaced pump from orielys, new pump was crap and was leaking fluid from seals on pump, replaced again, bleed system but still getting a loud noise on cold starts every morning, added leak fluid and found small air leak from hose to bracket coming off pump, but still having noise on start up (20 degree weather) and smaller engine speed whine from pump while driving. I replaced the pump again completely bleed and flushed all fluids but I'm having the same symptoms. Loud noise on initial start up and engine speed dependent whine from pump which isnt that loud but I tell while driving. What else can I check to make it go away?

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Simple test, check the fluid, is there air bubbles? If yes then a leak, orings for the lines attaching the pump.

Check reservoir, make sure there is no restrictions.

Check for any leaks at the steering rack.

Did you use proper Honda specced fluid? Cant just put whatever fluid in it will whine.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts