Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
03 CRV EX 2.4L AWD Lifted 2"
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a lifted 03 Honda CRV with the HRG 2inch lift spacers kit and adjustable camber bolts and bigger tires to grabber A/T 225 70 15. I've recently replaced the harmonic balancer, serpentine belt, power steering and belt tensioner but I'm still getting extra vibrations while at idle and especially at speeds around 60mph. I just cant pin point what else to check. I've had the shop re check the alignment and that is still in specs. What else can I do?

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
12,136 Posts
Many V owners have needed to replace motor mounts. Give them a visual check. If the rubber is deteriorated, you found the idle vibrations.

60MPH sounds as if it could be u-joint vibrations...they can bind with a lifted car. You can remove the driveshaft (propshaft) as a diagnostic. Just mark the position and be sure to support the center bearing.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Many V owners have needed to replace motor mounts. Give them a visual check. If the rubber is deteriorated, you found the idle vibrations.

60MPH sounds as if it could be u-joint vibrations...they can bind with a lifted car. You can remove the driveshaft (propshaft) as a diagnostic. Just mark the position and be sure to support the center bearing.
Ive inspected the Motor Mounts as I have recently installed, uninstalled and reinstalled the engine drop kit about 1/2" from HRG, thinking that would remove some of the stress on the u joints and axels. But after everything the motor mounts that I have are in good condition and have a year stamp of 2015 so they are good. I replaced the Belt tensioner and that has fixed my vibration at idle. However I am still getting a lot of wheel and vehicle vibration at around 60 mph. Is this because of the A/T tires, lift or possibly the U joints?

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
12,136 Posts
I am still getting a lot of wheel and vehicle vibration at around 60 mph. Is this because of the A/T tires, lift or possibly the U joints?
Could be all that.

The added mass of bigger wheels could be over-taxing the struts.

Could be balance...try to find a shop with Road Force Balancing. (First, swap tires F-R to see if that changes anything).

Driveshaft CV joints may not 'like' the angle they are operating under...same for the propshaft, as mentioned.

++++++++++++

Was the serpentine belt tensioner OEM? Never heard of that vibrating the car before.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Could be all that.

The added mass of bigger wheels could be over-taxing the struts.

Could be balance...try to find a shop with Road Force Balancing. (First, swap tires F-R to see if that changes anything).

Driveshaft CV joints may not 'like' the angle they are operating under...same for the propshaft, as mentioned.

++++++++++++

Was the serpentine belt tensioner OEM? Never heard of that vibrating the car before.
I've had the alignment shop re-check the alignment like 3 times not (including a tire rotation) and they are in specs. I was going to try and add some 20mm wheel spacers to help with the high center of gravity after adding lift and tires and maybe that will smooth it out.

----

The 1st replacement Tensioner was from Amazon $50 (Gates model) and worked fine but at idle and on a flat surface it would continually engage and click causing a noise and vibration, My harmonic balancer needed to be replaced as well so all that noise is gone and fixed. I just installed the new Tensioner from Oriley's yesterday and it appears to be excactly the same (Gates). I think I might have over tensioned the center bolt that goes through the tensioner and that was causing it to bind.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.