Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Our 2003 CR-V has a weird problem. On cold mornings, and only cold mornings, there is a clicking sound that comes from the gauge cluster before the keys are put into the ignition. The needles for the speedo and tach also vibrate. The car will start and drive with no problem but the clicking is still there and the gauges don't work. The door chime also beeps. Take the keys out, the clicking is still there. Once the car is warmed up, it goes away.

I took some video, took the vehicle to the dealership and they have no clue what it is. Since it doesn't make the clicking noise all of the time, they can not diagnose it. They checked all of the grounds, battery and reset the gauge module and the problem is still there. Any ideas?

Here is a link to the video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8MOj2d9szE

Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is no alarm installed.

Would also add that we are the original owners and the vehicle is completely stock. Never been in an accident.

·
Everything in Moderation
7,918 Posts
Going to be difficult to find, but I suspect a short circuit is applying power where it not oughta be. :rolleyes:

I would pull fuses one at a time on those cold mornings when it happens, to narrow down what circuit is affected. Start with the gauge cluster fuses.

Just as an act of desperation, you might try to move (relocate) the wiring harnesses inside the engine compartment to see if that affects the problem.

Good Luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts