Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

1st post here, looks there could be some good info on this site!

As stated in the title, there is no horn honk on lock, although previous owner said it used to do honk on 2nd push like most Honda's. I did google and found something about a valet mode about inserting and removing the key several times, i tried this and it didn't work. Hoping someone has some different information here. Thanks!

We just got our EX last weekend from my Wife's Grandmother who owned it for several years.

G

·
Everything in Moderation
7,615 Posts
Normal operation is for the horn to chirp on the second press of the fob.

·
Super Moderator
3,191 Posts
Do yourself a favor and get the battery checked. Last time I had door lock malfunctions the battery died a short time later.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If the hood is not closed or the hood switch indicates it is not closed, the beep will not happen.
Buffalo4
Thanks! There are no indicator lights on dash lit up

Normal operation is for the horn to chirp on the second press of the fob.
Yes I do know that, thanks!

Do yourself a favor and get the battery checked. Last time I had door lock malfunctions the battery died a short time later.
I believe the battery is less than year old

·
Registered
13 Posts
There are no indicator lights to show that the hood switch is open. When using the remote to lock the car, does the lights flash and the locks do lock?

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
Gdubb,
I phrased it wrong. The hood switch can indicate to the computer that the hood is not closed, but there is no dash light to indicate such. Others have found problems with the hood switch itself.
If no other lights come on warning of open doors ,etc, the hood switch could well be the culprit. You will have to google on how to test that switch.
bchan_42 asked two good questions.

Buffalo4

·
Registered
184 Posts
I didn't think the hood switch were on the gen 2/2.5.

I know on my wife's 2008...if the hood is open, it will not lock.

But on my 2006, it will lock with the hood open...beep on the 2nd press of the lock button on the fob...unless mine is malfunctioning.

Question...does the horn itself work? If so, maybe it is a relay in the keyless system...if not, there's your problem...

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
Nice catch , wifev. :)
OK, Gdubb's CRV is a 2003EX and I don't know if that one has a hood switch or not.
I was just going by my '03 Ody.
Sorry,
Buffalo4

1 - 9 of 9 Posts