Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2005 and 2006 EX AWD
522 Posts
I would go with the KYB ,just looking at Rock auto they have Moog also I didn't know Moog made quick struts so maybe Moog ,some have had problems with monroe like the center nut 1 turn loose causing a rattle some have had other things rattling and blamed the Monroe also, but I have seen it twice on Monroe quick struts having the center nut loose and rattle on bumps so I always hit them with an Impact to make sure they are tight to avoid a comeback now, because 90% of the struts my place of work sells are Monroe,also when you get it aligned make sure they adjust the camber in front because it will be adjustable now and put it at the outside of the positive camber specs so as the springs wear and added weight it pulls it into spec and not out of specs

·
Registered
8 Posts
Go with honda oem struts to avoid issues with memory steer that can be an issue with aftermarket struts. I had an awful experience with KYB front struts on my 05 CRV. Ended up buying OEM struts to correct the memory steer issue that came with installing the KYB units on the front. Wasted lots of time changing struts twice and going through multiple front end alignments. Spend the extra money and get the OEM units to avoid the headaches.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's 'Honda original equipment" , right? That was my thoughts too. Went with some Chinese knockoffs and they are like solid struts....BANG, BANG, BANG, ON EVERY SEAM IN THE ROAD. THX.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Go with honda oem struts to avoid issues with memory steer that can be an issue with aftermarket struts. I had an awful experience with KYB front struts on my 05 CRV. Ended up buying OEM struts to correct the memory steer issue that came with installing the KYB units on the front. Wasted lots of time changing struts twice and going through multiple front end alignments. Spend the extra money and get the OEM units to avoid the headaches.
How long ago did you swap to the KYB's? I'm wondering if they have corrected the issue.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts