Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off I hope I have this in the right section. I have an 04CRVEX. There are times when I put the key indignation turn the key and ask like the battery is dead the radio resets have to let it sit a little while and then try to start it again and it will start right up. Batteries brand new alternator is brand new any other ideas thank you

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
10,742 Posts
indignation = In the ignition? ? Spell check wins another one. ?

First see if you can twist the battery terminals without loosening. If so, they need to be shimmed (bad connection).

Next I'd check for bad/corroded connections or grounds on those large cables. The ends AWAY from the battery are suspect, too. If you have jumper cables, securely connect ONE from the engine to the battery ( - ) terminal for a few days as a diagnostic. If that resolves the issue you need to do more digging. If not, you can move on, because you have eliminated the Ground side of the circuits. (Frankly, it sounds like an issue on the Positive side of the circuit, though)

Post back with results.

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
10,742 Posts
Possibly you have a bad cell in that new battery? Had you replaced it before experiencing this issue, or did you replace it trying to solve this pre-existing condition?

You said the radio resets...if you need to enter the security code for it to work when this happen, it has lost power (or at least, has dropped under 7VDC).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Let me explain a little better I do apologize. The same situation happened before we changed out the battery thinking it was the battery. Put the key in ignition the speedometer and tachometer both will shake and click And the clock will reset. Another words it asked like the battery was disconnected for a quick second.

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
10,742 Posts
If the battery is good then your starter might be drawing too much amperage when engaging. You can have it tested before replacing.

The factory clock in USA Generation2 Vs is in the radio display. Never heard of just the time resetting.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts