Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 CRV EX (Great Britain made) with lock issues.

About 2 months ago, the passenger side door stopped working. I assumed it was the actuator. I ordered the part.
Before I could replace the actuator, all door locks with the exception of the rear gate, would not lock/unlock with the remote OR the interior lock switches.
I went ahead and replaced the actuator on the passenger door and the that is the only door that mostly works with the interior switches. None of the locks work with the remote, but you can hear them clicking when the button is pushed.

One Honda tech suggested it was a problem with the drivers door switch. Another suggested it was the wiring harness in the drivers door that has a damaged wire. The keyless entry control module seems to have been ruled out by both techs because the door switches should still work if that had failed. For me, the simultaneous failure of the remaining three actuators seems implausible.

Has anyone had anything similar?

·
Everything in Moderation
7,615 Posts
There have been several reports that a funky driver's door switch would cause your problem.
That is the switch that is used the most. (And as we all know, when the shoulder belt stirrup gets gunky, the buckle COULD get caught in the door & switch, breaking it under its little rubber bootie).
I'd replace that switch (it's relatively inexpensive and easy, one screw and a connector under the rubber).

Also, assure that your rear tailgate switch is actuating OK (to test, wrap it in a rubber band so that the 'gate pushes it in farther).

Remember, if the car's electronics think a door is open, they will not lock electrically. (Other electronics in the car turn off the interior lamps after a few minutes even if the door is open. That's so the battery won't run down.)

++++++++++

While the door harness is possible, we haven't heard that as being a common breaking point in Gen2 Hondas.

Let us know the outcome.

·
Registered
3 Posts
MikeP, did you figure this out?
I have had the same problem.
My door switches do work, as the headlight alarm still comes on when the door is left open.
Shouldn't the door locks still try to work when the driver door is locked with the key?
I cannot get any other door to work with the key fob, the interior switch, OR the driver door key from the outside.

Bernie

1 - 3 of 3 Posts