Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I'm having some crazy things going. My crv had 1 set of the primary ground(black) and one logic ground (brn/yel) wire chewed. So I fixed them and reattached to cylinder head cover. I also had a lot of resistance on the battery ground to chassis and transmission. So I cleaned all connections and now have low resistance and good connections. I changed the ECT sensor since it was out of tolerance hoping to fix the misfired. I didn't fix misfired. So I changed the thermostat and radiator since the transmission cooler fittings were very corroded and ready to leak. Put in a new battery too. Also replaced catalytic converter last summer 2019.
The car started off with a dtc code p0135. Car was driving fine. I did a rear diff fluid change, drained transmission and refilled 3qts. Also replaced both rear calipers and pads. Now car isn't shifting into overdrive. I was checking wiring for both PG and LG grounds at ecu. So I decided to check the a/f sensor wiring too. I plugged connector A for ecu back in now code p0134 shows up. I can get the p0134 code to go away not exactly sure how. However the car will run rough and hunt to shift when there is no codes. If the code p0134comes back the car shifts smoothly but won't go into overdrive and at about 40- 50 mph the check engine light blinks and I will get p0300, p0301 thru p0304 misfire. I thought about testing fuel pressure but not sure how since I don't see a Schrader valve port to connect to. The fuel pump was replaced 2yrs ago and fuel gauge is not accurate anymore. I tried to align up marks according to the service manual but don't see any marks on tank. So my main questions deal with the shifting and loss of power. Any insight or help is greatly. Thank you

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I forgot to mention that plugs were replaced with denso right for car
and ignition coil# 3, which was coated with rusty gunk and the rubber boot stuck in plug hole. This didn't fix the misfires either. I unpluged each coil and all 4 made engine idle really rough. This was done first when I noticed PG&LG wires were chewed.

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
P0134 and P0135 are codes for problems with the O2 sensors. You said you replaced the catalytic converter, but did you also replace the O2 sensors?

There's a thread from a few years ago with the same P030x codes on a 2003 CR-V.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts