Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When the FOB is pressed twice to acknowledge the alarm is set the alarm unit chirps and the noise is piercing. Is there a way to adjust the noise? Change the noise? Any ideas? Thanks.

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
12,191 Posts
Sounds like an aftermarket alarm to me. In '05 there was no factory alarm system (at least, in the USA).

If aftermarket, does your system use the car's horn, or an additional siren?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your replies. I learned the noise is from the horn. Further, i tested the alarm and learned its NOT an alarm its only a FOB for locking the door. The blinking light on the radio had me thinking its an alarm. Learned the blinking light is for the radio theft. WOW.

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
12,191 Posts
You shouldn't need to click twice every time. When you click the lock button once, you can hear the doors locks click (quietly).

The only time I click the second time is if I forget whether I locked the car. By that time I am far enough away so that the horn volume doesn't bother me, LOL.

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
12,191 Posts
Hi Terry, WELCOME to the CRVOC.

I'm not aware of any 'safe' way to quiet the horn since it is the car horn. And you don't want to lessen it's effectiveness.

I know that some owners criticized the horns on Honda Fits for being too quiet so trying one from a junkyard might help you.

·
Premium Member
1998 CR-V EX 4spd auto "Big Green" completely stock with roof rack and front mud flaps
1,206 Posts
My horn chirps LOUDLY when I lock and unlock the doors with the fob that came with my 2004 Honda CRV. How can I tone down the volume?
You can't. It's the horn. You want it to be loud.

You can, however, wire the door lock unit to a separate speaker if you don't want it hitting the horn.

·
Registered
2005 Honda CRV 2.4L LX
17 Posts
When the FOB is pressed twice to acknowledge the alarm is set the alarm unit chirps and the noise is piercing. Is there a way to adjust the noise? Change the noise? Any ideas? Thanks.
Seems like you never got an answer on how to disable the horn from honking on the 1st lock. Let me know, I’m having the same issue

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.