Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have been reading and reading about shaking under load on the crv's and still cannot solve the issue.
i have a shake under load and it can be felt through the seat and most noticed on the passenger side under your feet,nothing in the steering.
so far i have replaced the drive shaft,both cv shafts,all 4 rotors,new calipers,checked the half shaft bearing,it's good,motor mounts,tires and rims have been checked as well and yet under acceleration i still get this shaking most noticed in first and second gear especially if i have my trailer hooked up.
i have 2 mechanics completely puzzled on this an am looking for some sort of answer.
thinking it was the main driveshaft i removed it completely and it still does it????
i've tried just about everything i can think of for this issue and am still baffled!!!!!
anyone have any more input on this?
thanks!!!

·
Super Moderator
3,201 Posts
Was any work done to the car before this started?
Have your mechanics check the bolts holding the shaft from the front to the rear shaft.
Are they all present and correctly tightened.
Are the uj's excessively worn?
If good so far, have them remove it and drive the car.
Still feel it?

·
Registered
104 Posts
It sounds like a cv joint -assuming it still does it with front -to-rear driveshaft removed as you said. If you did not use oem cv axles -replacements are usually chinese made and not very good-prone to vibrations -also you have rear cv axles as well -they dont go bad as often as front ones but could be one of those especially as you say its worse when pulling trailer which would make sense as they are loaded more then.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
I agree with the guys. It could be the CVs. Is this an Automatic Trans? Have your mechanics check the Inboard Joints? I agree with Bobcat20. Many of these chinese brand new shafts are not properly balanced & you'll get the shakes. when you replaced the CVs did the vibration changed in the way it shows or its characteristics or is it exactly the same? Do you still have the old CVs?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the shake was there before and after i changed the cv shafts.
mechanic was going to change the half shaft bearing but it turned out to be in perfect condition.
yes it is an automatic.
mechanic is at a baffled,referred me to another mechanic.lol

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
In regards about the shake did the intensity or character of the shake changed after the shafts have been replaced or its the same? Just wanted to clarify did you also replaced the tires? Usually the HS bearing does not easily go bad. Try this, this procedure is just to eliminate the Torque converter in the equation. When doing this be very careful. Apply the emergency brake as firm as possible. With the left foot is depressing the brake as hard as you can shift it into drive then while left foot is on the brake pedal depress the gas with the right foot while on Drive rev it to 2000 rpm see if the vibes comes out. Did they also checked the Transmission mounts? Let us know.

·
Registered
65 Posts
when was the last time you replaced the fuel filter and did a professional fuel injector cleaning job.
if the fuel doesn't atomizes correctly it will shake under load and get worst while driving if it is dirty enough.

also I read on another thread about the 1st gen intellient vtec not being a smooth transitionat certain rpms. IDK if you have that engine though I'm new to crvs.
was the tranny and differential fluid serviced as per Honda mileage intervals?

gl

1 - 8 of 8 Posts