Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So for the last month or so, the front to sprayers virtually dribble water.

I tried disconnecting the hose going underneith the plastic (at the 90 degree elbow), and with the sprayers disconnected, the liquid will come out, but not with much force (think of pouring water out of a tube, not spraying).

I'm not sure how much I should expect volume wise, but it wont clear the end of the pipe if its horizontal.

I'm suspecting the motor, it certainly running.

Whats the best way to get to it, and how much time should it take somebody moderately competent to replace it? I'm considering taking it to the dealer, but trying to avoid a $200-300 repair bill on a $40 dollar part.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Where do you live? Are you sure the fluid isn't partially frozen? Yes, I've seen it happen before. Also, I've seen clogged sprayers.

As for replacing the pump motor, just need to pull down the drivers side fender liner.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm in Raleigh, NC. Does the same thing even when it was 70 degrees on sunday.

I thought they were clogged at first, but here is a picture of how little comes out of the sprayer tube (disconnected at the 90 that goes to them) that goes from pump to under the cowling where the wipers/sprayers are . crv sprayer flow.jpg

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
What's the 1st letter of your VIN? "J" or "S"? I was gonna post a parts diagram but they are different depending on the country it was produced. I already looked.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The flow doesn't look too bad. Remember that pressure goes through very small holes. I would try cleaning out the nozzles with a pin and see if there is any blockage before ordering any parts. Clogged nozzles may be the problem. If any dirt get in the reservoir it can be pumped to the nozzle.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My crv is made in japan. I could stick a pin in one nozzle, but not the other. Perhaps try to spray some we 40 through the line

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
No don't do that. Spraying that crap in the lines won't be good. Espically when some residue is left and then sprayed on the windshield.

Remove the nozzles off the vehicle and soak them in some C.L.R. Or something like that to dissolve any deposits inside them. Then rinse.

http://www.hondapartsnow.com/Page_Product/PartDetail.aspx?catalogID=59&productID=7&yearID=36&doorID=3&gradeID=385&areaID=2&transmissionID=7&originID=-1&colorLabelIDs=-1&colorLabelID=-1&sectionID=5&idAndImageID=10343 1479619

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How do you remove the molding that the nozzles are inserted into? do I need to remove the wiper and the wiper bolts?

I can't see exaclty how its connected

1 - 8 of 8 Posts