Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
“TOOLS
Puller, Squib Coupler (P/N 07AAC-TLAA100): This tool will be sent to the service manager at your dealership mid-June.”

Does this mean that none of the repairs can be done until mid-June at the earliest ?

·
Registered
101 Posts
“TOOLS
Puller, Squib Coupler (P/N 07AAC-TLAA100): This tool will be sent to the service manager at your dealership mid-June.”

Does this mean that none of the repairs can be done until mid-June at the earliest ?
That's correct. If you drive your CR-V, the airbag inadvertantly deploys and you get in a wreck, Honda will not be responsible. They'll telll you that you should have parked it and driven something else. Great if I had a 2nd vehicle. Doesn't really make me feel all warm and fuzzy about Honda. I haven't even gotten official word (by mail/email) from Honda yet. I had to hearabout it through this forum. Shame on you, Honda. Way to go, CR-V Owners Club!

My dealer still doesn't have the proper tool/parts yet. Honda should drive a loaner CR-V to me, tow mine to the dealer, fix it and drive it back to me.

·
Registered
25 Posts
My dealer did the repair three weeks ago on a brand new 2019 CRV - in fact, they would not release the car until the repair was done because of liability.

The repair is not a "de-burring" of the steering wheel column. It's the installation of a plastic sleeve that wraps around the column.

·
Registered
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
4,918 Posts
That's correct. If you drive your CR-V, the airbag inadvertantly deploys and you get in a wreck, Honda will not be responsible. They'll telll you that you should have parked it and driven something else. Great if I had a 2nd vehicle. Doesn't really make me feel all warm and fuzzy about Honda. I haven't even gotten official word (by mail/email) from Honda yet. I had to hearabout it through this forum. Shame on you, Honda. Way to go, CR-V Owners Club!

My dealer still doesn't have the proper tool/parts yet. Honda should drive a loaner CR-V to me, tow mine to the dealer, fix it and drive it back to me.
I get your frustration and worry.... but.....

Do you even know if your VIN is on the list? It's a range of 2019 VINs only. Says right on the TSB "Check the iN VIN status for eligibility". Also.. the actual incidence rate of the defect triggering an airbag is low... not universal across the 2019 run.

It really is not that unusual for an enthusiast forum to be ahead of actual letters going out to owners (which generally go out in waves.. not all at once.. because ---> parts supply to dealers).

TSB are Honda documents to Dealers.. not owners. The reason we usually know about things before we get the actual letters is the TSBs go up on NHTSA early, and are amended often... and CRV enthusiasts watch closely for, and report, new TSBs as soon as they see them or hear about them.

·
Super Moderator
1997, 2002, 2017 my expertese lies there
5,018 Posts
Over time. I say.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts