Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello just wondering if anyone else has had this problem. I seem to be burning out headlights more then one would expect. I bought my CR-V used one previous owner and since I have owned it I go through headlights every few months.
i have same problem

·
Registered
163 Posts
At the instrument cluster is the battery light coming on when you switch the ign to acc, not start.
If blown replace it right away.
Any codes from ecu.
BTW
Battery is used to start the engine. The alt is what would power up everything as long as the vehicle is running. Unless you have problems with the voltage regulator inside the ecu. The ecu controls how much juice the alt makes, a bad ground or bad wire can change load values and create problems.
Inspect the wiring behind the headlight socket if missing bits of insulation or if cracked wires check for grounds near the headlight housing area or check the wiring schematic for headlight ground locations. Clean and use dielectric grease there as well.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have the same problem. I just get the cheapo ebay bulbs at $1/piece and keep a few in the glove box. I need to change one about every six months, but I've gotten fast at it. I noticed no difference in life span between the $1 ebay bulbs and the $20 ones from the auto store.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts