Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's a "second gerneration".
Alternator bearing we think, lead eventually to intermittent charging. Dead vehicle on a freeway :(.

Alternator and battery now renewed.

All ok, except that somewhere along the line the Cruise Control stopped working, but not in a way I've been reading about.

The dash switch has a small light on it which used to come on, now it doesn't, and CC doesn't work at all.

Everything else works (though we haven't reset the radio code yet) so I don't think it can be a fuse issue. I can't get a wiring diagram, though.
A dead fuse would mean something else like brake lights or horn going, as far as I can tell.
Maybe there's a connector?
I'm aware that UK and US spec models may vary somewhat, I have tried the UK forum!

Any ideas welcomed.

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
The brake light switch has two sets of contacts in it.
One set controls the brake lights and the other set disconnects power to the CC when you depress the brake pedal.
Yes, it could just be the brake light switch going bad or it could be slightly out of adjustment.
Yes, I believe the fuse that feeds power to the cruise control also supplies the horn.
Is it possible that some wire connection (near the CC unit) got disconnected when you replaced the alternator?
Buffalo4
PS: A genuine Honda Service manual for your Honda CRV can usually be bought on Ebay, etc in pdf form for a nominal fee. Searching for one may get you a really good deal. I actually found a free one for my friend's 2000 CRV.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts