Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok, so at 220,000 miles my motor jumped timing. Chain was replaced at 168k. Either I buy a motor from another 06, or i was looking into 06 Accord k24a1's. Are there any major differences besides intake manifolds? I can put the CRV one on it.

Stock ECU should have no troubles, right?

Thoughts?

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
K24a1 does not exist in any vehicle except the second gen CRV (which you have). 2006 is a k24a8 (previous version is the k24a4, pre-2006 accord/element).

I know the A4 works with manifold and sensor changes. The A8 I am unsure about. A8 is very similar but havent had enough hands on with one to know if a Gen 2 crv will accept it with simple manifold changes. A4 bolts right in.

You will have to replace more than just the intake manifold regardless. Full intake system and exhaust both have to be from the CRV.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
693 Posts
Cylinder heads are different on the k24a4/8 in addition it has an egr port while the k24a1 does not. He intake manifold will bolt on but you will leak coolant since they ports will open since the accord circulate coolant through the intake runners on the right side.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Thought the leal concern was only the A8. The a1 coolant inlet is there are the A1 but separate from the lower intake. You would have to take that piece off the A1 as well, is there a port in the head thats exposed in the swap? I can always pull the lower intake off the a4 head I have sitting in my garage and check that.

The EGR isnt even an issue. Can get a plate thay bolts over the hole for a few bucks or just leave the EGR valve in place. Without computer command to open it, it does nothing anyway.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts