Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to me 2006 CRV SE. Took it through the car wash and had water really leaking into the cargo door's stash pockets from the rear hatch window (see images).
Plant Vehicle Car Hood Motor vehicle

The previous owner told me that the car had a minor fender bender that affected the driver's side rear corner (see image). There are some scratches, but not much else.
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Plant Automotive side marker light

The window gasket / weatherstripping appears to be in good order. Wondering if a minor rear end incident could cause a window to leak?

Anyone dealt with this before? It's not a terrible issue at the moment as I live in Southern California, but if it were to rain, it'd definitely be an issue.

Thanks!

Hood Blue Automotive lighting Wood Grille

Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Bumper Motor vehicle

Land vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Tire Vehicle Wheel

Automotive lighting Vehicle Hood Grille Motor vehicle

Vehicle Car Automotive lighting Automotive tail & brake light Hood
Plant Vehicle Car Hood Motor vehicle
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Plant Automotive side marker light
Automotive lighting Vehicle Hood Grille Motor vehicle
Land vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Tire Vehicle Wheel
Hood Blue Automotive lighting Wood Grille
Grass Tints and shades Automotive design Bag Electric blue
Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Bumper Motor vehicle
Vehicle Car Automotive lighting Automotive tail & brake light Hood

Grass Tints and shades Automotive design Bag Electric blue

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
12,133 Posts
Definitely 'tweaked' as the last picture shows vividly. On the second picture, you can see the stains from the water droplets that got past the seal.

Is the spare tire 90 degrees to the road? (again, looking at the last pic) (Straight up & down)
That is what gets bumped in slight collisions first, and that often bends the tailgate. (The spare isn't meant to be a bumper) o_O

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Definitely 'tweaked' as the last picture shows vividly. On the second picture, you can see the stains from the water droplets that got past the seal.

Is the spare tire 90 degrees to the road? (again, looking at the last pic) (Straight up & down)
That is what gets bumped in slight collisions first, and that often bends the tailgate. (The spare isn't meant to be a bumper) o_O
Thanks for thet reply...

I don't believe the spare / spare mount is bent at all from a collision. When looking at it straight on, it appears straight.

And yes, my thoughts were the same about the window / body looking a bit tweaked.

Now now to fix... Seems out of my wheelhouse unless loosening the hex/torx bolts and readjusting the window could do it.

·
Registered
2016 CRV Touring AWD
4,066 Posts
Definitely more damage than a tweaked rear bumper. The spare always gets it first. Look around for a similar model and take a few photos of the same areas. Plus remove your spare. I'm convinced the tailgate is tweaked. Metal bends, glass doesn't and its telling you the story.

Reactions: Carbuff2
1 - 6 of 6 Posts