Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Since I bought my V last year, I've been a little disappointed about how plain jane the headlights looked. Searching on ebay, I found some projector lights but they looked way too ricey. I later found out that in Europe and Asia, the CR-V's come with OEM projectors which look pretty clean IMO.

I was wondering if anybody here has installed the projectors in the states and if any modifications to the wiring had to be done. On ebay, I found some for 800 bucks. (Search European headlight) It says for RHD CR-V's only so that made me wonder a little.

Hope you all can help me out!

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
You would probably have to redirect the light to the left since it's RHD, so you won't blind other drivers. I saw one member a while back who put them on, but I do not recall who. It was a blue cr-v...

·
Registered
73 Posts
Here you go.

Headlamps were imported from japan.
I opened up the headlights and replaced the
projectors with left hand drive replacements.
A wire harness is needed and also, pull the fuse for the drls.

Good luck,
r.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your response guys.

Raze:I may sound like a noob but what needs to be done to make it LH drivable? Looking here http://high-intensity.org/forums/showthread.php?t=805 It seems i only need to remove the RH shield and replace the LH shield. is there a place i can get that or do I need fabricate my own? Also what kind of wire harness do I need? How much did the lights cost ya?

I've got so many questions!! sorry!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Thanks for your response guys.

Raze:I may sound like a noob but what needs to be done to make it LH drivable? Looking here http://high-intensity.org/forums/showthread.php?t=805 It seems i only need to remove the RH shield and replace the LH shield. is there a place i can get that or do I need fabricate my own? Also what kind of wire harness do I need? How much did the lights cost ya?

I've got so many questions!! sorry!
The newer TSX projectors have different shields.
It was easier for me to swap projectors.
I ended up using a bi-xenon hid wire harness. Cost about $55.
As for the lights, prices will vary. I got lucky on a couple of
yahoo japan auctions. Then there are the agent fees and
shipping charges.
At this time, there is not a favorable exchange rate for the dollar vs the yen.
Not a good time to import in my opinion.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey! What do you guys think about this projector headlight kit with HID's? I saw it on Ebay and the link is below.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250415443892&sspagename=STRK:MEWAX:IT&viewitem=
If some one has em on their car please post it. IMO i think they are way cheesy. only BMW's can play off the halo. the color of the halo doesnt even come close to BMW's.

I also read in another thread somewhere that the quality of those lights were cheap.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi nickachoy,

I know it’s 10 years later, but did you able to get and to install the european headlights in your v? I’ve a 2007 which is been in the family since then and now I want to make some mods... I appreciate your help!

Greetings from Costa Rica 🇨🇷

Ed Va.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Note that most of European market is LHD. Only GB, Malta and Cyprus are RHD.

You may need a beam tilt adjuster knob as well unless yours was equipped with one. Also - the parking light bulb (white, W2W very likely) in an European headlight is separate from the blinker (amber). The wiring should be pretty easy to modify.

·
Registered
15 Posts
@mrtn, here in Costa Rica we can find USDM and JDM versions, both LHD. I found a JDM V in a yunk yard with chrome proyector headlights and hence my query to do the swap. They need some work but both for 70 bucks I guess I’ll do the job. I appreciate your help! Here is the donor v:

·
Registered
15 Posts
The newer TSX projectors have different shields.
It was easier for me to swap projectors.
I ended up using a bi-xenon hid wire harness. Cost about $55.
As for the lights, prices will vary. I got lucky on a couple of
yahoo japan auctions. Then there are the agent fees and
shipping charges.
At this time, there is not a favorable exchange rate for the dollar vs the yen.
Not a good time to import in my opinion.
Razo: Where did you get the bixenon harness? V’s connector is H4 and proyectors are HB3 & H1, if I can’t find a harness then I’ll need to build it. Thanks!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts