Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will be doing the AC clutch and coil later today and wanted to remove the AC fan for more room.

There is ZERO info I can find on the net about how to remove this fan and it's looking like the frame has to be removed.

I would appreciate if anyone can send a link or copy of the service manual for the 07-11 CR-Vs please.

I'm well versed with a wrench and do 99% of work on my Honda/Acura vehicles myself.

It's no wonder there are issues with the AC for these models, everything is literally crammed in there, hardly any room to work.

·
Registered
110 Posts
blackholesun- you do not have to do all that -you can tilt compressor down and change coil from beneath -put front of car on ramps, remove under cover , remove serpentine belt, you can unbolt compressor and tilt it down enough to remove clutch&coil from under car.Use search function on this site for complete diy on ac clutch/coil. Will need a good set of long nose snap ring pliers. I did this job about 2 years ago -not too bad.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I finished it today and the AC is back to frosty.
Wasn't too much of a chore, luckily neighbor had a set of snap ring pliers.
Didn't have feeler gauges, so I just used the supplied 0.5mm spacer as one, I was going to opt to split the difference of the range shim range anyway so it worked great for that.

Changed serpentine belt while it was off as well.
Honestly, putting a new belt on was a greater challenge than the AC clutch and coil.
I just used two combination wrenches linked together to relieve the tension.
Had to bump the engine one time to finish seating the last few centimeters of the belt onto the power steering pulley.

There is zero room in that engine bay.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I finished it today and the AC is back to frosty.
Wasn't too much of a chore, luckily neighbor had a set of snap ring pliers.
Didn't have feeler gauges, so I just used the supplied 0.5mm spacer as one, I was going to opt to split the difference of the range shim range anyway so it worked great for that.

Changed serpentine belt while it was off as well.
Honestly, putting a new belt on was a greater challenge than the AC clutch and coil.
I just used two combination wrenches linked together to relieve the tension.
Had to bump the engine one time to finish seating the last few centimeters of the belt onto the power steering pulley.

There is zero room in that engine bay.
What would the feeler gauges be used for? Just curious. Also, how did you know the clutch was bad? Is this just the rotating piece on the input shaft of the compressor?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts